Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft Forces SP2 Update On All XP And XP SP1 Machines

Microsoft Forces SP2 Update On All XP And XP SP1 Machines

Richard

ic, urs is a pirated version

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://channels.lockergnome.com/wind...machines.phtml

> >ok, i just dont get it.
> >
> >people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated

systems
> >(fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers), and

now
> >that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
> >
> >blimy, some people.

> You can't update a Pirated version..

steven

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:17:45 +1300, AD. wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:10:06 +1300, steven wrote:
>
>> ok, i just dont get it.
>>
>> people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated
>> systems (fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers),
>> and now that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
>>
>> blimy, some people.

> Here's a radical possibility... Is it possible that different people are
> bitching about different things?

nah cant be possible

--
-------------------------------------
Steven H (.net geek)

Gordon

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:10:06 +1300, steven wrote:

> ok, i just dont get it.
>
> people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated systems
> (fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers), and now
> that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
>
> blimy, some people.

Yep they are way ahead of the pack.

The idea of freedom is involved here, you know the stuff the President of
the US of A keeps talking about, as well as peace.

Max Burke

> Benji Thorn scribbled:
> A word of warning to everyone about SP2. Nero versions earlier than
> 6.2 will not work with SP2 *AND* to get the upgrade you have to pay.
> Updates from Nero are free, upgrades are not.
> That bit me in the ass yesterday!!!

I'm running Nero Express V5.5.10.56 quite happily on XP Pro SP2.

Found Images

steven

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:48:51 +1300, Gordon wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:10:06 +1300, steven wrote:
>
>> ok, i just dont get it.
>>
>> people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated systems
>> (fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers), and now
>> that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
>>
>> blimy, some people.

> Yep they are way ahead of the pack.
>
> The idea of freedom is involved here, you know the stuff the President of
> the US of A keeps talking about, as well as peace.

wtf does the antichrist have to do with this?

--
-------------------------------------
Steven H (.net geek)
Third Year, B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic

Adder

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:16:23 +1300, BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn <BILL
bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> says...

> http://channels.lockergnome.com/wind...machines.phtml

bullcrap
ms doesnt make you install it but will offer it as auto downlod if you
havent installed it

Adder

In article <421bd378$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Wed, 23 Feb 2005
13:51:07 +1300, Benji Thorn <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> A word of warning to everyone about SP2. Nero versions earlier than 6.2
> will not work with SP2

not
MAY not working with SP2
the warning message can be ingored to a certain extend

bok

Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:

> BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
>>>blimy, some people.

>> You can't update a Pirated version..

> bullshit.
> I have a friend of a friend(who conveniently for legal purposes I can't
> remember the name of), who has an SP2 machine running fine using a
> pirated(generated) Key.

So let's see if my sister's brother is me, a friend of a friend might be
who?

--
bok

Benji Thorn

All I shall say that it is very very easy to install SP2 on a pirated XP
machine but why people would want to is beyond me. SP2 breaks so many
things it is not funny.

bok wrote:
> Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:

>>>You can't update a Pirated version..

>>bullshit.
>>I have a friend of a friend(who conveniently for legal purposes I can't
>>remember the name of), who has an SP2 machine running fine using a
>>pirated(generated) Key.

> So let's see if my sister's brother is me, a friend of a friend might be
> who?

Adder

In article <421d43c2$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Thu, 24 Feb 2005
16:02:29 +1300, Benji Thorn <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> All I shall say that it is very very easy to install SP2 on a pirated XP
> machine but why people would want to is beyond me. SP2 breaks so many
> things it is not funny.

lol
sp2 FIXES so many things it is funny

probally 100s of bufs fixed in Sp2. read the docos