Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > InterActual WinDVD software

InterActual WinDVD software

SchoolTech

A computer we have came with both PowerDVD and WinDVD software, both
were installed. PowerDVD turned out to be better so I uninstalled
WinDVD. However when I insert some DVDs a dialog pops up telling me I
have to install the InterActual player to see certain features of a DVD.
Is that because of the previous WinDVD installation, or is it something
that is included with some DVDs?

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:31:48 +1300, SchoolTech wrote:

> A computer we have came with both PowerDVD and WinDVD software, both
> were installed. PowerDVD turned out to be better so I uninstalled
> WinDVD. However when I insert some DVDs a dialog pops up telling me I
> have to install the InterActual player to see certain features of a DVD.
> Is that because of the previous WinDVD installation, or is it something
> that is included with some DVDs?

It's a little piece of junk that, unfortunately, be included with some
DVDs. Do not bother with it.

Divine

--
43 - for those who require slightly more than the answer to life, the
universe and everything.

Mackin

SchoolTech wrote:

> A computer we have came with both PowerDVD and WinDVD software, both
> were installed. PowerDVD turned out to be better so I uninstalled
> WinDVD. However when I insert some DVDs a dialog pops up telling me I
> have to install the InterActual player to see certain features of a DVD.
> Is that because of the previous WinDVD installation, or is it something
> that is included with some DVDs?

*InterVIDEO* WinDVD and *InterACTUAL* Player are different things. Like
Divine says, the InterActual player is a peice of crap, you don't need it
if you've got a better player already installed.

Mackin

bok

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:31:48 +1300, SchoolTech wrote:

> A computer we have came with both PowerDVD and WinDVD software, both
> were installed. PowerDVD turned out to be better so I uninstalled
> WinDVD. However when I insert some DVDs a dialog pops up telling me I
> have to install the InterActual player to see certain features of a DVD.
> Is that because of the previous WinDVD installation, or is it something
> that is included with some DVDs?

It's the latter - not related to WinDVD. I had PowerDVD installed and at
some stage came across a rented DVD with InterActual on it. Nothing popped
up asking for it, but I noticed an option on the menu to install it - so
I did to try it out. It worked ok, but appeared to be inferior to Power DVD
so I don't bother using it.

Interactual DVD Player Kester Computer Support 1 03-21-2009 06:59 PM
Interactual soup Computer Support 5 12-12-2007 12:38 PM
Interactual Player: spyware and worse? Jeff DVD Video 5 11-07-2005 05:44 PM
interActual player problem Shawn DVD Video 4 01-30-2004 12:28 AM
"Matrix Reloaded" - Interactual? Peter Briggs DVD Video 0 10-09-2003 09:37 AM

Advertisments