Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Running VNC form USB drive?

Running VNC form USB drive?

DoggNZ

Anyway of running VNC from my flash drive? I can't connect thru a web
browser so I thought this might be a plan......

--
BOINC SETI
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off

DoggNZ

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:04:44 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>DoggNZ wrote:
>> Anyway of running VNC from my flash drive? I can't connect thru a web
>> browser so I thought this might be a plan......

>I take it you mean the client rather than the server then?
>
>yeah sure, you only need the exe file... assuming you are using tight or
>ultra... the others might be the same, but not sure.

Okay..too easy!

--
BOINC SETI
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off

DoggNZ

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:35:31 +1300, DoggNZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>

>>yeah sure, you only need the exe file... assuming you are using tight or
>>ultra... the others might be the same, but not sure.

>Okay..too easy!

The whole dir seems to do the bizz with RealVNC

--
BOINC SETI
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off

Dave - Dave.net.nz

DoggNZ wrote:
>>>yeah sure, you only need the exe file... assuming you are using tight or
>>>ultra... the others might be the same, but not sure.

>>Okay..too easy!

> The whole dir seems to do the bizz with RealVNC

oh well, well done
by the way, you can usually mis and match your favourite client with
your favourite server... personally I prefer tight server with ultra client.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

Dave Taylor

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>>Okay..too easy!

>> The whole dir seems to do the bizz with RealVNC

> oh well, well done
> by the way, you can usually mis and match your favourite client with
> your favourite server... personally I prefer tight server with ultra
> client.

Ultra is at 19.5 now
File transfer is much improved.

--