Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Bigfoot SMS Manager & Vodaphone

Bigfoot SMS Manager & Vodaphone

Martin Kaufmann

Hi there!

Has anyone recently used the Bigfoot SMS Manager
(http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp) to send text messages to a Vodaphone
mobile? Although New Zealand is not mentioned on the network coverage
list, it is listed in the price list. I can send the txt and don't get
an error message but it never arrives.

Any idea?

Cheers,

Martin

geoffm

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:47 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi there!
>
>Has anyone recently used the Bigfoot SMS Manager
>(http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp) to send text messages to a Vodaphone
>mobile? Although New Zealand is not mentioned on the network coverage
>list, it is listed in the price list. I can send the txt and don't get
>an error message but it never arrives.

I have used it for years, as it is cheaper (and faster to type) than
the phone.
Geoff

Martin Kaufmann

geoffm wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:47 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi there!
>>
>>Has anyone recently used the Bigfoot SMS Manager
>>(http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp) to send text messages to a Vodaphone
>>mobile? Although New Zealand is not mentioned on the network coverage
>>list, it is listed in the price list. I can send the txt and don't get
>>an error message but it never arrives.

> I have used it for years, as it is cheaper (and faster to type) than
> the phone.

And you never had any problems at all? I can send txts to other
countries but not to Vodaphone NZ. I wrote Bigfoot support and they are
looking into it.

Cheers,

Martin

PS It's no really cheaper or is it?

geoffm

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:20:48 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>geoffm wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:47 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi there!
>>>
>>>Has anyone recently used the Bigfoot SMS Manager
>>>(http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp) to send text messages to a Vodaphone
>>>mobile? Although New Zealand is not mentioned on the network coverage
>>>list, it is listed in the price list. I can send the txt and don't get
>>>an error message but it never arrives.

>> I have used it for years, as it is cheaper (and faster to type) than
>> the phone.

>And you never had any problems at all? I can send txts to other
>countries but not to Vodaphone NZ. I wrote Bigfoot support and they are
>looking into it.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Martin
>
>PS It's no really cheaper or is it?

It depends on the exchange rate - it used to work out to 10c/ txt vs
20c on the phone.
I have never had any problems with it, although I haven't used it
since November. Having said that, I have just done a test now and it
hasn't turned up yet, so maybe something has changed recently
Shame ICQ free SMS doesn't work in NZ
Don't forget you need to put the country code and Vodaphone network
code (21) in (ie number is +6421xxxxxxx)
Geoff