Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > A bad month for hardware failure....

A bad month for hardware failure....

thing

The ps/2 controller on my motherboard has died...

Fortunately I have a b.new DSE USB/firewire/sata controller in my PC,
and a Sun type 9 USB keyboard, off my wee Sun box...

Not so fortunate is its fine in Linux but win2k has a spas....

So I need a new USB keyboard, what ones are nice to type on? Up until
now I had an old Dell quiet key keyboard, so something similar in feel
would be nice.

Any keyboards with built in USB2 hubs? that would save me grovelling
under the table and buying a hub.....might be more cost effective....

regards

Thing

AD.

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:07:23 +1300, thing wrote:

> The ps/2 controller on my motherboard has died...

Tell me about it.

In our small office, we've had 2 power supplies, a couple of CDROM drives,
a 19" CRT monitor, a DIMM, and a CPU fan crap out.

About 6 months ago we had a spate (4 of them over about 3 months) of
bursting mobo caps.

Pretty much everything was roughly 2-3 yrs old. Those 2 bursts of failures
were the first we had for ages. The 5+yr old stuff is still ticking along
fine.

<cliche>They don't make em like they used to</cliche>

--
Cheers
Anton

EMB

thing wrote:

> So I need a new USB keyboard, what ones are nice to type on? Up until
> now I had an old Dell quiet key keyboard, so something similar in feel
> would be nice.

DSE do a USB/PS2 keyboard & mouse adaptor so you can keep your present
items if you want - I installed one for a client who had the PS2 ports
'disappear' last week.

--
EMB