Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > how to use .prx driver file

how to use .prx driver file

Mrs Beeble Brock

Hi guys, I took my PC to the technicians for some work to be done and my
modem disk was still in the drive, and of course they took it out to
test the drive and it's Saturday and they're closed till Monday ...

So I have a D-link external modem DU-562m and now my WinXP PC won't
recognise it. This usually happens when I unplug it from the USB which
is why I need the disk constantly. Without the disk it won't install.
I've downloaded what seems to be the appropriate driver from here:
http://list.driverguide.com/list/com...ge4/index.html
DMM-560e but it's a prx extension. The "found new hardware" wizard won't
recognise it - what should I use to install the modem with this sort of
file extension?

Thanks in advance for advice.

And by the way, how many people are having their PC crashing constantly
with this unusually hot weather?

Cheers,
Jo

Collector»NZ

Mrs Beeble Brock said the following on 5/02/2005 9:51 a.m.:
> Hi guys, I took my PC to the technicians for some work to be done and my
> modem disk was still in the drive, and of course they took it out to
> test the drive and it's Saturday and they're closed till Monday ...
>
> So I have a D-link external modem DU-562m and now my WinXP PC won't
> recognise it. This usually happens when I unplug it from the USB which
> is why I need the disk constantly. Without the disk it won't install.
> I've downloaded what seems to be the appropriate driver from here:
> http://list.driverguide.com/list/com...ge4/index.html
> DMM-560e but it's a prx extension. The "found new hardware" wizard won't
> recognise it - what should I use to install the modem with this sort of
> file extension?
>
> Thanks in advance for advice.
>
> And by the way, how many people are having their PC crashing constantly
> with this unusually hot weather?
>
> Cheers,
> Jo

Okay is this a USB or RS232 Serial Device, I assume when you say modem
you mean as in dial up not ADSL.

The PRX extension comes up as either Foxpro of Atari so it dosnt look right.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

froggy

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:51:21 +1300, Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

> Hi guys, I took my PC to the technicians for some work to be done and my
> modem disk was still in the drive, and of course they took it out to
> test the drive and it's Saturday and they're closed till Monday ...
>
> So I have a D-link external modem DU-562m and now my WinXP PC won't
> recognise it. This usually happens when I unplug it from the USB which
> is why I need the disk constantly. Without the disk it won't install.
> I've downloaded what seems to be the appropriate driver from here:
> http://list.driverguide.com/list/com...ge4/index.html
> DMM-560e but it's a prx extension. The "found new hardware" wizard won't
> recognise it - what should I use to install the modem with this sort of
> file extension?
>
> Thanks in advance for advice.
>
> And by the way, how many people are having their PC crashing constantly
> with this unusually hot weather?
>
> Cheers,
> Jo

Hey Jo.. where ya going with that gun of yours....
ok lame jokes aside..
dlink would be the best place to obtain your drivers
http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...ems/du562m.htm

specifically you will be wanting the win XP driver
http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...562M.WinXP.zip

also it might be of use to get the manual....
http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...62M_Manual.zip
and list of commands
http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...T.Commands.zip

HTH

Collector»NZ

Collector»NZ said the following on 5/02/2005 10:02 a.m.:
> Mrs Beeble Brock said the following on 5/02/2005 9:51 a.m.:
>
>> Hi guys, I took my PC to the technicians for some work to be done and
>> my modem disk was still in the drive, and of course they took it out
>> to test the drive and it's Saturday and they're closed till Monday ...
>>
>> So I have a D-link external modem DU-562m and now my WinXP PC won't
>> recognise it. This usually happens when I unplug it from the USB which
>> is why I need the disk constantly. Without the disk it won't install.
>> I've downloaded what seems to be the appropriate driver from here:
>> http://list.driverguide.com/list/com...ge4/index.html
>> DMM-560e but it's a prx extension. The "found new hardware" wizard
>> won't recognise it - what should I use to install the modem with this
>> sort of file extension?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for advice.
>>
>> And by the way, how many people are having their PC crashing
>> constantly with this unusually hot weather?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jo

> Okay is this a USB or RS232 Serial Device, I assume when you say modem
> you mean as in dial up not ADSL.
>
> The PRX extension comes up as either Foxpro of Atari so it dosnt look
> right.

The closest i could get was here
http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...ms/dfm562e.htm
There appears to be no model M in production Worldwide!

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Mrs Beeble Brock

Thanks Froggy, that worked liked a charm.

Cheers,
Jo

Mrs Beeble Brock

Hi COllector, thanks for trying. That's the same file a passing
technician found and couldn't get to work either. Luckily it's fine now
thanks to Froggy's ability to see through the mess of the D-link site
and find what I couldn't.

Cheers,
Jo

froggy

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:06:09 +1300, Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

> Thanks Froggy, that worked liked a charm.
>
> Cheers,
> Jo

Glad I could help