Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > BigByte ChCh folding?

BigByte ChCh folding?

YAnewswatcher

The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
move into Moorhouse Ave site.

--
YAnewsWatcher.

cOKe

YAnewswatcher wrote:
> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
>
> --
> YAnewsWatcher.

Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
their have been more staff than customers

--
cOKe

www.infernofm.co.nz

wogers nemesis

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe wrote:

> YAnewswatcher wrote:
>> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
>> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
>>
>> --
>> YAnewsWatcher.

> Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
> their have been more staff than customers

Man yeah that place is dead... I looked around and got scared.

Gurble

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <(E-Mail Removed)> had
this to say:

>YAnewswatcher wrote:
>> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
>> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
>>
>> --
>> YAnewsWatcher.

>Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
>their have been more staff than customers

I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:37:28 +1300, Gurble <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <(E-Mail Removed)> had
>this to say:
>
>>YAnewswatcher wrote:
>>> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
>>> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
>>>
>>> --
>>> YAnewsWatcher.

>>Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
>>their have been more staff than customers

>I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
>Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out of
retailing..

May be you should read the news papers more..

Jerry

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:37:28 +1300, Gurble <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <(E-Mail Removed)> had
>>this to say:

>>>Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
>>>their have been more staff than customers

>>I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
>>Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

> All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out of
> retailing..
>
> May be you should read the news papers more..

Pacific Retail sold Big Byte, Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond some time
ago. They are now owned by a private company, Noel Leeming Group.

Jerry

E. Scrooge

"Gurble" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <(E-Mail Removed)> had
> this to say:
>
> >YAnewswatcher wrote:
> >> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond

> >> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
> >>
> >> --
> >> YAnewsWatcher.

> >Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
> >their have been more staff than customers

> I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
> Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Large businesses usually have a 12
year lease. Just as well you guys posted the doom about it. With the high
overheads and very few customers, that place would always struggle to make a
profit.
It was a stupid decision to put the store off the beaten track, there's ****
all foot traffic on that side of the one way system. Why they didn't scale
down staff numbers is just more bad management.

A large nationwide outfit should buy in bulk at special prices which they
would be doing, and then get rid of it cheap to the public. Making good
profits from a high turnover of sales, instead of having the highest prices
around. Going for a good volume of sales through better prices works for
Dick Smiths and some other businesses. Especially the Warehouse as the best
example of all, they get good profits by quickly moving the stuff at
competitive prices.

All Big Byte offered was Noel Leeming and Bond & Bond prices. With them
battling out amongst themselves, creating Big Byte was a waste of time and
money.
If the staff were running the stores they would most likely try reduced
prices and try to get a much higher turn over of goods. Still a **** poor
building design and bad location for the Dunedin store at least. And Noel
Leeming in Dunedin gets nothing like the people in it compared to when they
were in the city near Countdown supermarket etc. Bond & Bond aren't short
of plenty of people going into the store.

E. Scrooge

JohnO

"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42039520$(E-Mail Removed)...
> BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:37:28 +1300, Gurble <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <(E-Mail Removed)> had
>>>this to say:

>>>I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
>>>Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

>> All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out
>> of
>> retailing..
>>
>> May be you should read the news papers more..

> Pacific Retail sold Big Byte, Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond some time
> ago. They are now owned by a private company, Noel Leeming Group.
>
> Jerry

Doesn't Eric Watson still own them anyway? I.e. wasn't it just a structural
separation from PRG?

Jerry

JohnO wrote:
> "Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42039520$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:

>>>All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out
>>>of
>>>retailing..
>>>
>>>May be you should read the news papers more..

>>Pacific Retail sold Big Byte, Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond some time
>>ago. They are now owned by a private company, Noel Leeming Group.
>>
>>Jerry
>>

> Doesn't Eric Watson still own them anyway? I.e. wasn't it just a structural
> separation from PRG?

No, Mr. Watson is out of the picture. They were purchased by Gresham
Private Equity.

Jerry

Gordon

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:18:19 +1300, wrote:

> All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out of
> retailing..

So the Pacfic RETAIL Group wishes to exit from retailing?

> May be you should read the news papers more..

You can not always believe what you read.

Ihug Dialup Chch Rob J NZ Computing 6 06-17-2005 01:49 PM
Re: Broadband providors in CHCH - not Clear Steve NZ Computing 9 03-31-2005 09:35 AM
Re: Broadband providors in CHCH - not Clear Steve NZ Computing 3 03-24-2005 09:22 AM
Paradise Cable Crap in CHCH at Present? JB NZ Computing 3 07-10-2004 01:29 AM
Paradise 256Kb Cable Service in CHCH JB NZ Computing 8 01-16-2004 09:30 AM

Advertisments