Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > KOL improving - anybody else using them.

KOL improving - anybody else using them.

paora

At $10 or less a month they might not be perfect but they haven't
been too bad lately.

mdew

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 07:19:03 +0000, paora wrote:

> At $10 or less a month they might not be perfect but they haven't been
> too bad lately.

You pay for what you get, and with KOL, you get don't get much.

paora

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:58:39 +1300, mdew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 07:19:03 +0000, paora wrote:
>
>> At $10 or less a month they might not be perfect but they haven't been
>> too bad lately.

>You pay for what you get, and with KOL, you get don't get much.

yep, it's pretty crap sometimes.

E. Scrooge

"paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:58:39 +1300, mdew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 07:19:03 +0000, paora wrote:
>>
>>> At $10 or less a month they might not be perfect but they haven't been
>>> too bad lately.

>>You pay for what you get, and with KOL, you get don't get much.

> yep, it's pretty crap sometimes.

Has it got better since you joined?
Kooky has had a bit of trouble with them.

E. Scrooge

paora

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:36:26 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>"paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>You pay for what you get, and with KOL, you get don't get much.

>> yep, it's pretty crap sometimes.

>Has it got better since you joined?
>Kooky has had a bit of trouble with them.

I'm trying to decide which way to describe them

'They're cheap but they're crap' or
'They're crap but they're cheap'.

I think the latter probably gives them a little credit.

Originally I couldn't get decent speed connection to individual.nets
news server (offshore) and trying to ftp to offshore webhosts wasn't
the greatest experience - those things have improved but......

web surfing has been just awful all weekend - slow, pictures not all
downloading and a download manager for files is still necessary - even
for small files. I've even had to use a download manager to download
porn pictures - I may as well perve at Farmer's underwear models -
oops, I already do that.

I guess during off-peak periods that they may be okay but during the
busy periods they pretty much suck.

E. Scrooge

"paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:36:26 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
>

>>"paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> yep, it's pretty crap sometimes.

>>Has it got better since you joined?
>>Kooky has had a bit of trouble with them.
>>

> I'm trying to decide which way to describe them
>
> 'They're cheap but they're crap' or
> 'They're crap but they're cheap'.
>
> I think the latter probably gives them a little credit.
>
> Originally I couldn't get decent speed connection to individual.nets
> news server (offshore) and trying to ftp to offshore webhosts wasn't
> the greatest experience - those things have improved but......
>
> web surfing has been just awful all weekend - slow, pictures not all
> downloading and a download manager for files is still necessary - even
> for small files. I've even had to use a download manager to download
> porn pictures - I may as well perve at Farmer's underwear models -
> oops, I already do that.
>
> I guess during off-peak periods that they may be okay but during the
> busy periods they pretty much suck.

Thanks. Still doesn't sound very good then. Kooky noticed the poor speeds
when she was using it. They'll hardly get many people if they can't deliver
good service.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

"paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:36:26 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
>

>>"paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> yep, it's pretty crap sometimes.

>>Has it got better since you joined?
>>Kooky has had a bit of trouble with them.
>>

> I'm trying to decide which way to describe them
>
> 'They're cheap but they're crap' or
> 'They're crap but they're cheap'.
>
> I think the latter probably gives them a little credit.
>
> Originally I couldn't get decent speed connection to individual.nets
> news server (offshore) and trying to ftp to offshore webhosts wasn't
> the greatest experience - those things have improved but......
>
> web surfing has been just awful all weekend - slow, pictures not all
> downloading and a download manager for files is still necessary - even
> for small files. I've even had to use a download manager to download
> porn pictures - I may as well perve at Farmer's underwear models -
> oops, I already do that.
>
> I guess during off-peak periods that they may be okay but during the
> busy periods they pretty much suck.

That outfit's got the money to throw at all the advertising they've been
doing for the last few months. Putting some of the money towards providing
a good service would be more sensible.

E. Scrooge

voice99 voice99 is offline
Junior Member

KOL == Shittest internet ever.

KOL & news.individual.net Paora NZ Computing 2 05-24-2008 03:53 AM
KOL update paora NZ Computing 3 05-24-2008 03:50 AM
Anyone tried KOL yet. Troglodyte NZ Computing 41 05-24-2008 03:48 AM
KOL lousy dinger NZ Computing 3 03-07-2006 06:54 AM

Advertisments