Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra newsgroups

Xtra newsgroups

Jules Winnfield

I never thought I'd ever say this but I've ditched my Paradise account and
gone back to Xtra. It was the broadband deal and Paradise's problems of late
that lured me back to the dark side.

After reconnecting with Xtra I downloaded their newsgroup list and noticed
it was missing a couple of the xbox groups I like to lurk in. So I sent a
friendly email to Xtra asking if these newsgroups could possibly be added to
the Usenet news server. I received a reply back that Xtra "does not provide
support for such gaming servers". Obviously someone at Xtra is a little
confused as to what usenet and newsgroups are.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Jules Winnfield wrote:
> After reconnecting with Xtra I downloaded their newsgroup list and noticed
> it was missing a couple of the xbox groups I like to lurk in. So I sent a
> friendly email to Xtra asking if these newsgroups could possibly be added to
> the Usenet news server. I received a reply back that Xtra "does not provide
> support for such gaming servers". Obviously someone at Xtra is a little
> confused as to what usenet and newsgroups are.

last time I worked there, newsadmin@*E*xtra.co.nz was going to the right
place. remove the *E*

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

Collector»NZ

Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 4/02/2005 10:04 p.m.:
> Jules Winnfield wrote:
>
>> After reconnecting with Xtra I downloaded their newsgroup list and
>> noticed it was missing a couple of the xbox groups I like to lurk in.
>> So I sent a friendly email to Xtra asking if these newsgroups could
>> possibly be added to the Usenet news server. I received a reply back
>> that Xtra "does not provide support for such gaming servers".
>> Obviously someone at Xtra is a little confused as to what usenet and
>> newsgroups are.

> last time I worked there, newsadmin@*E*xtra.co.nz was going to the right
> place. remove the *E*

you mean you were sucker enough to work there more than once ?

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
>> last time I worked there, newsadmin@*E*xtra.co.nz was going to the
>> right place. remove the *E*

> you mean you were sucker enough to work there more than once ?

errr, nope, just thought that it would put a time stamp on my statement.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is (E-Mail Removed)e

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>> you mean you were sucker enough to work there more than once ?

> errr, nope, just thought that it would put a time stamp on my statement.

I dont think that they'd have me back :/
not complaining about that, just thought Id mention it before someone
else does.

--

Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 4/02/2005 10:14 p.m.:
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>>> you mean you were sucker enough to work there more than once ?

>> errr, nope, just thought that it would put a time stamp on my
>> statement.

> I dont think that they'd have me back :/
> not complaining about that, just thought Id mention it before someone
> else does.

Dont worry Dave, just having a hard time today/nite resisting flippant
and frivilous comments.
Had a meeting in town (60k away) which was basically a waste of my time
and am in a difficult mood.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Jules Winnfield

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> last time I worked there, newsadmin@*E*xtra.co.nz was going to the right
> place. remove the *E*

Thanks, I'll give them a go.

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:00:34 +1300, Jules Winnfield wrote:

> After reconnecting with Xtra I downloaded their newsgroup list and noticed
> it was missing a couple of the xbox groups I like to lurk in. So I sent a
> friendly email to Xtra asking if these newsgroups could possibly be added to
> the Usenet news server. I received a reply back that Xtra "does not provide
> support for such gaming servers". Obviously someone at Xtra is a little
> confused as to what usenet and newsgroups are.

As you know, the helpdesk people at Xtra are totally clueless about
everything other than windows, and Outlook Express, and Internet Explorer.

Divine

--
43 - for those who require slightly more than the answer to life, the universe
and everything.

Gordon

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:00:34 +1300, Jules Winnfield wrote:

> I never thought I'd ever say this but I've ditched my Paradise account and
> gone back to Xtra.

Churn, churn and churn again. We need to do it for the competition.

Gordon

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:19:12 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> As you know, the helpdesk people at Xtra are totally clueless about
> everything other than windows, and Outlook Express, and Internet Explorer.

As are many people, their handicap.