Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > News Group Trouble tonite

Reply
Thread Tools

News Group Trouble tonite

 
 
Collector»NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2005
Orcon is out, it appears that clear,slingshot and attrix are working but
the posting level is way down on all NZ groups.

==>> Followups set to nz.comp

--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
================================================== ====================
"I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass."
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine......
However, this is not necessarily a good idea...."
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gurble
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2005
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:33:07 +1300, Collector»NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

>Orcon is out, it appears that clear,slingshot and attrix are working but
>the posting level is way down on all NZ groups.
>
>==>> Followups set to nz.comp


Is Orcon definately out?

Been trying to figure this out, to see if I need to go into work and
figure out if it's Orcon or our router (we have websites that need to
be accessible)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Collector»NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2005
Gurble said the following on 3/02/2005 10:38 p.m.:
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:33:07 +1300, Collector»NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:
>
>
>>Orcon is out, it appears that clear,slingshot and attrix are working but
>>the posting level is way down on all NZ groups.
>>
>>==>> Followups set to nz.comp

>
>
> Is Orcon definately out?
>
> Been trying to figure this out, to see if I need to go into work and
> figure out if it's Orcon or our router (we have websites that need to
> be accessible)
>

NNTP is definately out, times out. W3 is working though, as is dial up,
it could be an adsl type problem with telecom which is buggering everyone.

--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
================================================== ====================
"I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass."
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine......
However, this is not necessarily a good idea...."
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gurble
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2005
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:48:13 +1300, Collector»NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

>Gurble said the following on 3/02/2005 10:38 p.m.:
>> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:33:07 +1300, Collector»NZ
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:
>>
>>
>>>Orcon is out, it appears that clear,slingshot and attrix are working but
>>>the posting level is way down on all NZ groups.
>>>
>>>==>> Followups set to nz.comp

>>
>>
>> Is Orcon definately out?
>>
>> Been trying to figure this out, to see if I need to go into work and
>> figure out if it's Orcon or our router (we have websites that need to
>> be accessible)
>>

>NNTP is definately out, times out. W3 is working though, as is dial up,
>it could be an adsl type problem with telecom which is buggering everyone.


When you say W3, do you mean the sites they host, or the WWW FROM an
Orcon account?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ryan Jacobs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2005

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gurble said the following on 3/02/2005 10:38 p.m.:
>> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:33:07 +1300, Collector»NZ
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:
>>
>>
>>>Orcon is out, it appears that clear,slingshot and attrix are working but
>>>the posting level is way down on all NZ groups.
>>>
>>>==>> Followups set to nz.comp

>>
>>
>> Is Orcon definately out?
>>
>> Been trying to figure this out, to see if I need to go into work and
>> figure out if it's Orcon or our router (we have websites that need to
>> be accessible)
>>

> NNTP is definately out, times out. W3 is working though, as is dial up, it
> could be an adsl type problem with telecom which is buggering everyone.
>
> --


Xtra seems all go at the moment. Of course that could be telescum pulling
the plug on the competition. Or, it could be related to the Paradise hacker
thing? (By that I mean, hackers are targeting NZ ISPs?). Lol, there's an
interesting marriage - Telescum & hackers - two groups with the same goals.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Collector»NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2005
Gurble said the following on 3/02/2005 10:51 p.m.:
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:48:13 +1300, Collector»NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:
>
>
>>Gurble said the following on 3/02/2005 10:38 p.m.:
>>
>>>On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:33:07 +1300, Collector»NZ
>>><(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Orcon is out, it appears that clear,slingshot and attrix are working but
>>>>the posting level is way down on all NZ groups.
>>>>
>>>>==>> Followups set to nz.comp
>>>
>>>
>>>Is Orcon definately out?
>>>
>>>Been trying to figure this out, to see if I need to go into work and
>>>figure out if it's Orcon or our router (we have websites that need to
>>>be accessible)
>>>

>>
>>NNTP is definately out, times out. W3 is working though, as is dial up,
>>it could be an adsl type problem with telecom which is buggering everyone.

>
>
> When you say W3, do you mean the sites they host, or the WWW FROM an
> Orcon account?

Both though I have only checked the free sites (alias.orcon.net.nz0


--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
================================================== ====================
"I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass."
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine......
However, this is not necessarily a good idea...."
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tonite on Xtra Go Large canon paora NZ Computing 54 12-09-2006 05:53 AM
Dial up Connectivity Tonite Collector NZ Computing 7 07-27-2004 11:31 AM
Swain on Holmes tonite at 7pm Waylon Smithers NZ Computing 89 05-24-2004 12:23 AM
EV news group?? im looking for a news group dedicated to makeing eletric veicals. Daniel NZ Computing 4 05-07-2004 03:27 AM
Target Tonite - Comp Techs paulsy NZ Computing 67 09-29-2003 10:59 AM



Advertisments