Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > climate prediction - eek

climate prediction - eek

Dave - Dave.net.nz

So it appears that the guys running this are more than a little worried
about the results that have been sent back sofar.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/31/global_warming/

"The world could be as much as 11C hotter inside 50 years, according to
the first results from climateprediction.net"

"If the real world response were anywhere near the upper end of our
range, even today's levels of greenhouse gases could already be
dangerously high,"

http://climateprediction.net/newsb.php

"The results show climate sensitivities of between 2 and 11 degrees C -
much greater than the range of 2-6 degrees C previously accepted."

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

thing

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> So it appears that the guys running this are more than a little worried
> about the results that have been sent back sofar.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/31/global_warming/
>
> "The world could be as much as 11C hotter inside 50 years, according to
> the first results from climateprediction.net"
>
> "If the real world response were anywhere near the upper end of our
> range, even today's levels of greenhouse gases could already be
> dangerously high,"
>

> http://climateprediction.net/newsb.php
>
> "The results show climate sensitivities of between 2 and 11 degrees C -
> much greater than the range of 2-6 degrees C previously accepted."

Interesting that Politicians are now taking note....not good, they seem
to suggest the tipping point is 10 or less years away....

regards

Thing

A.D.

thing wrote:
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> So it appears that the guys running this are more than a little
>> worried about the results that have been sent back sofar.
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/31/global_warming/
>>
>> "The world could be as much as 11C hotter inside 50 years, according
>> to the first results from climateprediction.net"
>>
>> "If the real world response were anywhere near the upper end of our
>> range, even today's levels of greenhouse gases could already be
>> dangerously high,"
>>

>> http://climateprediction.net/newsb.php
>>
>> "The results show climate sensitivities of between 2 and 11 degrees C
>> - much greater than the range of 2-6 degrees C previously accepted."
>>

> Interesting that Politicians are now taking note....not good, they seem
> to suggest the tipping point is 10 or less years away....
>
> regards
>
> Thing

You should search for "global dimming". That's a nasty little scenario.

Google-it of course. Is google-it in the oxford dictionary yet?

A.D.

Rider

"A.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:41ff55bb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> thing wrote:
>> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>
>>> So it appears that the guys running this are more than a little worried
>>> about the results that have been sent back sofar.
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/31/global_warming/
>>>
>>> "The world could be as much as 11C hotter inside 50 years, according to
>>> the first results from climateprediction.net"
>>>
>>> "If the real world response were anywhere near the upper end of our
>>> range, even today's levels of greenhouse gases could already be
>>> dangerously high,"
>>>

>>> http://climateprediction.net/newsb.php
>>>
>>> "The results show climate sensitivities of between 2 and 11 degrees C -
>>> much greater than the range of 2-6 degrees C previously accepted."
>>>

>> Interesting that Politicians are now taking note....not good, they seem
>> to suggest the tipping point is 10 or less years away....
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thing
>>

> You should search for "global dimming". That's a nasty little scenario.
>
> Google-it of course. Is google-it in the oxford dictionary yet?
>
> A.D.

Its on Dictionary.com

Main Entry: google
Definition: to search for information about a specific person through the
Google search engine
Example: She googled her high school boyfriends.
Etymology: trademark Google
Usage: googling n