Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Recommendations for a replacement fo an epson C70

Recommendations for a replacement fo an epson C70

thing

I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
clean and epson support say take it into repair....

hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.

Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
damaging it?

anyway,

What would be a good replacement? a C65?

One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...

:/

So I am open to suggestions.....

regards

Thing

thing

Canon iP3000?

regards

Thing

thing wrote:
> I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
> heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
> clean and epson support say take it into repair....
>
> hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
>
> Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
> damaging it?
>
> anyway,
>
> What would be a good replacement? a C65?
>
> One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
> years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
>
> :/
>
> So I am open to suggestions.....
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Collector»NZ

thing said the following on 1/02/2005 8:55 p.m.:
> I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
> heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
> clean and epson support say take it into repair....
>
> hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
>
> Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
> damaging it?
>
> anyway,
>
> What would be a good replacement? a C65?
>
> One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
> years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
>
> :/
>
> So I am open to suggestions.....
>
> regards
>
> Thing

I have a penchant for Canon not that they are particularly better.

For years it was leap frog with printer companies (HP/Canon/Epson) in
the inkjet market, one would inovate and lead then the next would leap
frog them and so on. At the time I chose canon they had carried out the
latest inovation and since then the others have only caught up and never
passed. They all seem to have stagnated in developement and settled into
the razor blade model of business.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:33:28 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Canon iP3000?
>
>regards
>
>Thing

Print Head Only last 18 months..

>thing wrote:
>> I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
>> heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
>> clean and epson support say take it into repair....
>>
>> hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
>>
>> Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
>> damaging it?
>>
>> anyway,
>>
>> What would be a good replacement? a C65?
>>
>> One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
>> years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
>>
>> :/
>>
>> So I am open to suggestions.....
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thing

Yes send it to me will try and fix it for say $50, I fixed my own 740 with
blocked heads..

And many other printers..

I will remove the print head and soak it to remove the clogging, and clean
up the parking station..

Plus never ever turn of a Printer at the Wall.

Collector»NZ

thing said the following on 1/02/2005 9:33 p.m.:
> Canon iP3000?
>
> regards
>
> Thing
>
> thing wrote:
>
>> I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming
>> its heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It
>> wont clean and epson support say take it into repair....
>>
>> hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
>>
>> Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
>> damaging it?
>>
>> anyway,
>>
>> What would be a good replacement? a C65?
>>
>> One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
>> years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
>>
>> :/
>>
>> So I am open to suggestions.....
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thing

The 4000 will be my next one (soon as I get a couple of more urgent
purchases out of the way)
I see as expected woger is here knocking anything that is not Epson.

Print head life has been good in my canons but of course it depends how
much you use it and how you store it as well. (Direct sunlight not good
raises the temp too much)

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

thing

BIG wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:33:28 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Canon iP3000?
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Thing

> Print Head Only last 18 months..
>

>>thing wrote:
>>
>>>I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
>>>heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
>>>clean and epson support say take it into repair....
>>>
>>>hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
>>>
>>>Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
>>>damaging it?
>>>
>>>anyway,
>>>
>>>What would be a good replacement? a C65?
>>>
>>>One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
>>>years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
>>>
>>>:/
>>>
>>>So I am open to suggestions.....
>>>
>>>regards
>>>
>>>Thing

> Yes send it to me will try and fix it for say $50, I fixed my own 740 with
> blocked heads..
>
> And many other printers..
>
> I will remove the print head and soak it to remove the clogging, and clean
> up the parking station..
>
> Plus never ever turn of a Printer at the Wall.

Its Ok thanks but Ive ordered a Canon ip5000, I need to print urgently.

What do you use to clean the heads with? Cellulose thinners?

regards

Thing

thing

Collector»NZ wrote:
> thing said the following on 1/02/2005 9:33 p.m.:
>
>> Canon iP3000?
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thing
>>
>> thing wrote:
>>
>>> I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming
>>> its heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It
>>> wont clean and epson support say take it into repair....
>>>
>>> hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
>>>
>>> Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
>>> damaging it?
>>>
>>> anyway,
>>>
>>> What would be a good replacement? a C65?
>>>
>>> One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
>>> years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
>>>
>>> :/
>>>
>>> So I am open to suggestions.....
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Thing

> The 4000 will be my next one (soon as I get a couple of more urgent
> purchases out of the way)
> I see as expected woger is here knocking anything that is not Epson.
>
> Print head life has been good in my canons but of course it depends how
> much you use it and how you store it as well. (Direct sunlight not good
> raises the temp too much)

Yeah Ive decided on the iP5000, the 4000 did not seem much better than
the 3000, but the 5000 had a good resolution improvement and picture
printing is important to me, so I took it.

regards

Thing

Collector»NZ

thing said the following on 1/02/2005 10:36 p.m.:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>
>> thing said the following on 1/02/2005 9:33 p.m.:
>>
>>> Canon iP3000?
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Thing

>> The 4000 will be my next one (soon as I get a couple of more urgent
>> purchases out of the way)
>> I see as expected woger is here knocking anything that is not Epson.
>>
>> Print head life has been good in my canons but of course it depends
>> how much you use it and how you store it as well. (Direct sunlight not
>> good raises the temp too much)
>>

> Yeah Ive decided on the iP5000, the 4000 did not seem much better than
> the 3000, but the 5000 had a good resolution improvement and picture
> printing is important to me, so I took it.
>
> regards
>
> Thing

For me it was CD/DVD Printing otherwise I would stick with my minimalist
s400 which has never let me down and the results have been outstanding.
I have photos on the wall in full sunlite which where printed with a
seperate photo head/cart arrangement on photopaper and they are hard to
pick from real photographs and have not faded in over 3 years on the wall.

I believe ther is not a lot of difference between Epson/Canon HP on the
other hand is still lagging a bit.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

thing

Collector»NZ wrote:
> thing said the following on 1/02/2005 10:36 p.m.:
>
>> Collector»NZ wrote:

>>> The 4000 will be my next one (soon as I get a couple of more urgent
>>> purchases out of the way)
>>> I see as expected woger is here knocking anything that is not Epson.
>>>
>>> Print head life has been good in my canons but of course it depends
>>> how much you use it and how you store it as well. (Direct sunlight
>>> not good raises the temp too much)
>>>

>> Yeah Ive decided on the iP5000, the 4000 did not seem much better than
>> the 3000, but the 5000 had a good resolution improvement and picture
>> printing is important to me, so I took it.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thing
>>

> For me it was CD/DVD Printing otherwise I would stick with my minimalist
> s400 which has never let me down and the results have been outstanding.
> I have photos on the wall in full sunlite which where printed with a
> seperate photo head/cart arrangement on photopaper and they are hard to
> pick from real photographs and have not faded in over 3 years on the wall.
>
> I believe ther is not a lot of difference between Epson/Canon HP on the
> other hand is still lagging a bit.

Yes a family member who repairs printers / photocopiers etc did not
think much of Epson, but liked Canon, he suggested the 3000.

Reviews showed HP were expensive to buy and run (cartridges were just
way to expensive), while Canon were amongst the best quality for output
and the cartridges cheaper then Epson and way cheaper than HP.

I would never buy a HP again personally.

regards

Thing

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:23:03 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Collector»NZ wrote:
>> thing said the following on 1/02/2005 10:36 p.m.:

>>> Yeah Ive decided on the iP5000, the 4000 did not seem much better than
>>> the 3000, but the 5000 had a good resolution improvement and picture
>>> printing is important to me, so I took it.
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Thing
>>>

>> For me it was CD/DVD Printing otherwise I would stick with my minimalist
>> s400 which has never let me down and the results have been outstanding.
>> I have photos on the wall in full sunlite which where printed with a
>> seperate photo head/cart arrangement on photopaper and they are hard to
>> pick from real photographs and have not faded in over 3 years on the wall.
>>
>> I believe ther is not a lot of difference between Epson/Canon HP on the
>> other hand is still lagging a bit.
>>

>Yes a family member who repairs printers / photocopiers etc did not
>think much of Epson, but liked Canon, he suggested the 3000.
>
>Reviews showed HP were expensive to buy and run (cartridges were just
>way to expensive), while Canon were amongst the best quality for output
>and the cartridges cheaper then Epson and way cheaper than HP.
>
>I would never buy a HP again personally.
>
>regards
>
>Thing

If you need long life Prints then is has to be a Epson, known Facts, Canons
are crap when it come to that, Epson is the Only None Bubble Jet..

With the Toms review Epson came out best for Quality..

The Running cost are dearer with the Canon as the print heads just don't
last..