Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Adobe Premiere Elements

Adobe Premiere Elements

Do any readers use a successful and simple program for downloading DV
handycam movies and burning to DVD?
Have tried Adobe Premiere Elements and it crashes my computer. If I
import a video file the PE movie becomes jerky. Reading the Adobe user
forum this appears to happen to several users.
Thanks,
Ken

steve

k wrote:
> Do any readers use a successful and simple program for downloading DV
> handycam movies and burning to DVD?
> Have tried Adobe Premiere Elements and it crashes my computer. If I
> import a video file the PE movie becomes jerky. Reading the Adobe user
> forum this appears to happen to several users.
> Thanks,
> Ken

I've used Adobe Premier 4.0 and 5.0 in the past.....and found it to be
flakey software.

It has features to die for......but crashes so often it's just not worth
the trouble.

Sorry to see the latest versions have carried on the 'tradition'.

Dave Nelson

I've been using Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2.5 SE which came with my handycam
and it does what I need fine. I should add my editing needs are basic but
I'm not having any probs with the software at all.
Cheers
Dave

>k wrote:
>> Do any readers use a successful and simple program for downloading DV
>> handycam movies and burning to DVD?
>> Have tried Adobe Premiere Elements and it crashes my computer. If I
>> import a video file the PE movie becomes jerky. Reading the Adobe user
>> forum this appears to happen to several users.
>> Thanks,
>> Ken

> I've used Adobe Premier 4.0 and 5.0 in the past.....and found it to be
> flakey software.
>
> It has features to die for......but crashes so often it's just not worth
> the trouble.
>
> Sorry to see the latest versions have carried on the 'tradition'.

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (k) wrote:

>Do any readers use a successful and simple program for downloading DV
>handycam movies and burning to DVD?

I don't need a program, my Pioneer DVR-520H DVR will do it. Capture
straight from FireWire to its hard drive, perform simple but
frame-accurate editing, then write to DVD with a choice of a few simple
menu screens, or export via FireWire back to DV if you like.