Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra Mail IMAP

Xtra Mail IMAP

Andy

Hi there, I am a new xtra customer (please don't laugh too hard) and I
am trying to find out if I can IMAP into my xtra mailbox.

I assumed that imap.xtra.co.nz would be the address for their imap
server, although this does not work.

Do Xtra still offer IMAP and if so what is the address?

Thanks,

Andy.

Adder

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com> in
nz.comp on 21 Jan 2005 16:57:29 -0800, Andy <(E-Mail Removed)>
says...
> Hi there, I am a new xtra customer (please don't laugh too hard) and I
> am trying to find out if I can IMAP into my xtra mailbox.
>
> I assumed that imap.xtra.co.nz would be the address for their imap
> server, although this does not work.
>
> Do Xtra still offer IMAP and if so what is the address?

i don't believe they have ever offered it

so far as I know Clearnet is the only commercial Isp with an Imap service

its only Webmail with Xtra

Andy

Webmail that doens't even use TLS/SSL security. What a joke. All so
they can charge a premium to be able to connect to their POP3 & SMTP
servers over an TLS/SSL connection.