Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > hardware specials

hardware specials

thing

http://www.firstin.co.nz/

Has anybody used this company with success?

Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
model though) seems to rate well.

regards

Thing

Bret

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:33:39 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.firstin.co.nz/
>
>Has anybody used this company with success?
>
>Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
>model though) seems to rate well.
>
>regards
>
>Thing

Hi Thing, I've bought a couple of things from them and had no
problems.
It's run by Colin Brown of PC Company infamy, he seems to be handling
it well enough.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

thing wrote:
> http://www.firstin.co.nz/
> Has anybody used this company with success?

not yet, but I'm watching it... Mr ex PC Company(Colin Brown?) and his
brother(or son?) are running it.

Bruce Simpson passed comment on it in the last week or so.

thing

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> thing wrote:
>
>> http://www.firstin.co.nz/
>> Has anybody used this company with success?

> not yet, but I'm watching it... Mr ex PC Company(Colin Brown?) and his
> brother(or son?) are running it.
>
> Bruce Simpson passed comment on it in the last week or so.

Im watching it as well, been a few things that if it was not for xmas
bills I would have been very tempted on.

regards

Thing

Jack Gruschow

I've never heard of them. What are they. No address. Only one item for sale.
Looks like a rip off to me.
Jack Gruschow
..
"thing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.firstin.co.nz/
>
> Has anybody used this company with success?
>
> Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
> model though) seems to rate well.
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Jack Gruschow wrote:
> I've never heard of them. What are they. No address. Only one item for sale.
> Looks like a rip off to me.
> Jack Gruschow

didn't read anything on the site huh?

the one item is the point.

Gordon

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:50:10 +1300, Bret wrote:

> Hi Thing, I've bought a couple of things from them and had no
> problems.
> It's run by Colin Brown of PC Company infamy, he seems to be handling
> it well enough.

Idea off the top of my head, be in now for a good deal, the risk remains
that trouble could be ahead.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:50:10 +1300, Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:33:39 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>http://www.firstin.co.nz/
>>
>>Has anybody used this company with success?
>>
>>Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
>>model though) seems to rate well.
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Thing

>Hi Thing, I've bought a couple of things from them and had no
>problems.
>It's run by Colin Brown of PC Company infamy, he seems to be handling
>it well enough.

Anyone know how much the xbox pack was that was listed on 29 Dec? (and
also what it consisted of)

XPD

"Jack Gruschow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cspm8q$no3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've never heard of them. What are they. No address. Only one item for

sale.
> Looks like a rip off to me.
> Jack Gruschow

Didnt pass reading at school huh ?

Everything is explained in plain English on the website.

Ray Greene

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:33:39 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.firstin.co.nz/
>
>Has anybody used this company with success?
>
>Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
>model though) seems to rate well.

I have ordered one of their PCs, it hasn't arrived yet though. I figure that
at the price I can't go far wrong.

I got 3 free monitors too... the other day there was a cock-up and someone
forgot to put a price on the monitors they were supposed to be selling for
$99.95. I ordered 3 to see what would happen. They fixed the mistake pretty
quick, but decided to honour the purchases.

I wouldn't have worried if they had cancelled it but I was quite impressed
that they didn't even try to. It did cross my mind that it may have been a
marketing exercise, but they haven't mentioned it since so I guess not.

So far, so good...

--
Ray Greene.

R1 Fools & Horses: which specials in new set? SoHillsGuy DVD Video 0 09-24-2004 06:35 PM
animated TV specials on DVD Vlvetmorning98 DVD Video 4 01-30-2004 11:10 PM
** SPECIALS ** networkrs.com Cisco 0 01-09-2004 05:03 PM
** NORTEL SPECIALS ** networkrs.com VOIP 0 01-09-2004 05:01 PM
Found Wonderful Specials on Burnable DVD Media MDD DVD Video 1 11-29-2003 07:09 PM

Advertisments