Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > 2003 AD Wireless policy

2003 AD Wireless policy

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlcmlmZlZpdGNo?=

Hi.

I've created a policy on a test OU to configure domain clients with my
wireless settings that authenticate using PEAP. Everything works lovely....

However....I don't want the policy to automatically connect machines to
preffered networks, I want this to be a manual process. We are running very
short on IP addresses and although we're changing the range soon I still
don't want my machines picking up 2 addresses, nor do I want them filling my
access points up.

Because these will be policy controlled I can't even disconnect from the
wireless network after it's connected. Is there a way round this.

Also, is there any way to configure in which order a machine will connect to
preffered networks other than in list order? by Signal strength would be
great, this isn't as important but would be really nice.

Cheers, Mark Milenkovic.