Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > SMS Service...pay / free

SMS Service...pay / free

Worm

Hey all,

As I go to top up my smspop account today, I notice they're no longer
selling SMS credits and are shutting down on March 31.

What are the alternative web services for sending SMS within NZ?

Cheers,

Stephen

BB

> Hey all,
>
> As I go to top up my smspop account today, I notice they're no longer
> selling SMS credits and are shutting down on March 31.
>
> What are the alternative web services for sending SMS within NZ?

If i recall a similar thread from a few months ago there are no free
services left anymore. There were a few pay for service ones, but I can't
recall those at this point...

BB
NZ

BB

> Hey all,
>
> As I go to top up my smspop account today, I notice they're no longer
> selling SMS credits and are shutting down on March 31.
>
> What are the alternative web services for sending SMS within NZ?

If i recall a similar thread from a few months ago there are no free
services left anymore. There were a few pay for service ones, but I can't
recall those at this point...

BB
NZ

-=[Waylon Smithers]=-

Worm wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As I go to top up my smspop account today, I notice they're no longer
> selling SMS credits and are shutting down on March 31.
>
> What are the alternative web services for sending SMS within NZ?

Vodafone do offer their web2txt service still, for both personal txts
and business group send. Naturally it's just to Vodafone customers

www.vodafone.co.nz and web2txt on the front page.

-=[Waylon Smithers]=-

"-=[Waylon Smithers]=-" <lifestyles_choice@springfield_nuclear_plant.com >
wrote in message news:crb18l$h7n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vodafone do offer their web2txt service still, for both personal txts
> and business group send. Naturally it's just to Vodafone customers
>
> www.vodafone.co.nz and web2txt on the front page.

Cheers. Yeah, I realise Vodafone do it. However I've been paying 6-7c a
message with previous providers (usually only to Vodafone phones).

And to correct, Vodafone web2txt does send messages to 027 phones

I'm giving gokomo.com a go. Strange name...but seems like a decent setup.
1 credit (7c) to Vodafone mobiles, 4 credits to Telecom phones (!!!)

Worm

Consultant Consultant is offline
Junior Member

For me, i had been sending sms from gokomo.com since 2003. Been very steady. Except last few months where it seems to have a sender's ID problem. Just received a mail that i can use my mobile phone as sender's ID. Tried out. Works. New design too. Ok for me. Good luck