Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ASUS CD-RW won't spin down

ASUS CD-RW won't spin down

GraB

Just come back from a relative's. They have a P4 2.8GHz machine with
512Mb RAM and 120G hard drive with integrated Intel graphics (barf)
with LCD monitor and an ASUS 52x 32x 52x CD-RW, running XP. Games and
music CDs won't spin down. I tried Nero CD DVD Speed but that has no
effect. One page I looked at online says ASUS drives don't respond to
spin down utilities. What can we do about it?

Dave Taylor

GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What can we do about it?

Look for an update for the issue from the CD Manufacturer.
It would probably be fixed with a firmware flash. Be careful. Read the
readme.

--
Ciao, Dave

Dave Taylor

GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What can we do about it?

Look for an update for the issue from the CD Manufacturer.
It would probably be fixed with a firmware flash. Be careful. Read the
readme.

--
Ciao, Dave

Adder

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:43:31 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Just come back from a relative's. They have a P4 2.8GHz machine with
> 512Mb RAM and 120G hard drive with integrated Intel graphics (barf)
> with LCD monitor and an ASUS 52x 32x 52x CD-RW, running XP. Games and
> music CDs won't spin down. I tried Nero CD DVD Speed but that has no
> effect. One page I looked at online says ASUS drives don't respond to
> spin down utilities. What can we do about it?

what do you mean they won't spin down?

if you mean the green light is always on this is because green light
indicates there is a disc in the drive not that the drive is spinning

523252 is a fairly recent model, got one here and seen a few others,
brilliant drives and there are 2 firmware updates available

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 12:05:32 +1300, Adder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
>Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:43:31 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>> Just come back from a relative's. They have a P4 2.8GHz machine with
>> 512Mb RAM and 120G hard drive with integrated Intel graphics (barf)
>> with LCD monitor and an ASUS 52x 32x 52x CD-RW, running XP. Games and
>> music CDs won't spin down. I tried Nero CD DVD Speed but that has no
>> effect. One page I looked at online says ASUS drives don't respond to
>> spin down utilities. What can we do about it?

>what do you mean they won't spin down?

That means it keeps on spinning at full speed.

Spin Bruce Computer Support 2 02-24-2004 10:50 PM
Laptop CPU fan does not spin while in XP Jack B. Pollack Computer Support 11 01-07-2004 04:14 PM
A new spin on electronics? Max Quordlepleen Computer Support 1 08-22-2003 07:38 PM
A New Spin on Copyright Free Images info HTML 1 07-21-2003 02:38 AM

Advertisments