Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Playstation 2

Playstation 2

David Butler

This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I don't know where else to
ask it.

Are there any good deals around for the new PS2 Consoles and games or are
all shops selling them for the same prices ??

David Butler

yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out

Maybe I will save my money for now

"James West" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sN7Ad.3021$(E-Mail Removed)...
> HUH,
>
> Dream on no one has any stock......all sold out b4 xmas
>
> the great USA ran out early Dec and people were auctioning them on EBay
> for $1000 US I hear
>
> James
>
> "David Butler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cqqr36$gfh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I don't know where else
>> to ask it.
>>
>> Are there any good deals around for the new PS2 Consoles and games or are
>> all shops selling them for the same prices ??

David Butler

yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out

Maybe I will save my money for now

"James West" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sN7Ad.3021$(E-Mail Removed)...
> HUH,
>
> Dream on no one has any stock......all sold out b4 xmas
>
> the great USA ran out early Dec and people were auctioning them on EBay
> for $1000 US I hear
>
> James
>
> "David Butler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cqqr36$gfh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I don't know where else
>> to ask it.
>>
>> Are there any good deals around for the new PS2 Consoles and games or are
>> all shops selling them for the same prices ??

XPD

"David Butler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cqr27r$lhe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out
>
> Maybe I will save my money for now

Local shops around here (Nth Shore, AKL) seem to have them in stock......

XPD

"David Butler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cqr27r$lhe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out
>
> Maybe I will save my money for now

Local shops around here (Nth Shore, AKL) seem to have them in stock......

Dave - Dave.net.nz

David Butler wrote:
> This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I don't know where else to
> ask it.

> Are there any good deals around for the new PS2 Consoles and games or are
> all shops selling them for the same prices ??

EB are selling the older ones that people have traded in for the newer
ones. I think they're $169

the new ones are all the same price give or take a bit of margin, ~$255

Dave - Dave.net.nz

David Butler wrote:
> yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out

EB and Central Park in Dunedin both had stock yesterday.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

David Butler wrote:
> yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out

EB and Central Park in Dunedin both had stock yesterday.

Richard

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> EB are selling the older ones that people have traded in for the newer
> ones. I think they're $169
>
> the new ones are all the same price give or take a bit of margin, ~$255

The only reason I can think for trading in is if the laser in the old one is
shagged, so I would avoid the trades myself.