Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Scrapheap Challenge, yay Bruce

Scrapheap Challenge, yay Bruce

cobs

Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about

BTMO

"cobs" <> wrote

> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about

Hee hee hee....

I like that idea! And yes, Bruce did the team proud!

Cheers,

Brenton

BTMO

"cobs" <> wrote

> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about

Hee hee hee....

I like that idea! And yes, Bruce did the team proud!

Cheers,

Brenton

Robert Cooze

cobs wrote:
> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about

Way Cool NOISE NOISE NOISE

and the ground shaked

Robert Cooze

Robert Cooze wrote:
> cobs wrote:
>
>> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
>> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about

> Way Cool NOISE NOISE NOISE
>
> and the ground shaked

Bruce has a heap more info at
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

...including some vcd quality video clips - the broadcast quality TV
program sounded amazing with the volume up, must be unreal 'in the flesh'.

cobs

max@max

cobs wrote:
> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about

And of course if you havn't done google "bruce pluse jet"
Try this link for a start
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

Max

max@max

max@max wrote:
> cobs wrote:
>
>> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
>> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about

> And of course if you havn't done google "bruce pluse jet"
> Try this link for a start
> http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/
>
> Max

Yeah, I found it after looking up 'Scrapheap Challenge' - the Jet Car
Episode page stood out.

Last time I looked was when Bruce was using a pulse jet to power his sub
5k USD cruise missile.

I think someone with a .cri or .mil (or even .ac) email address should
send some work his way - for the good of the country you understand

There seem to be various tech incubator funds about to foster
innovation, and here there's someone with a proven, if somewhat noisy,
track record. Imagine an x-year engineering course where part of the
assessed work is to build a better pulse jet, or even cruise missile.
Funds can be recovered through related commercial enterprise

Has to be better than some of the funding failures that have made the
news this year.

Inherits from Control, Yay, Inherits from WebControl, Nay.... Alex Nitulescu ASP .Net 0 02-22-2005 05:55 AM
1.8 Alpha. Yay. Poly-poly man Firefox 1 02-16-2005 10:11 PM
Scrapheap Challenge k NZ Computing 1 01-21-2005 10:36 AM
YAY - - Firefox 0.8 is out!!! WhiTe_DeViL Firefox 1 02-11-2004 07:09 PM

Advertisments