Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > !Another heads up....

!Another heads up....

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <JFmyd.541$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Personal Video Recorder, AKA HTPC - Home Theatre PC.

Shouldn't that be "Home *Cinema*" PC? Unless you get personal visits
from The Bard...

Warwick

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:27:20 +1300, JohnO wrote:

> "Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41c934ef$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> [6 quoted lines suppressed]

> You know what is really cool? I can use a web browser at work to access my
> PVR machine at home to schedule the show for recording!
>
> Geek heaven!

Don't suppose you could rip it to DivX and fileshare it could you?

I missed the bloody thing, despite having watching it on the todo list for
over a year

Got pulled up at a checkpoint last night (as a passenger). Nobody was drunk
but the wof had expired and they would not let us drive away. Had to walk
out of Ngaio and bus from the rail