Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How big is the e-mail buffer with Free Hot Mail acc.

How big is the e-mail buffer with Free Hot Mail acc.

Aspiringpsychopath

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:39 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>>
>> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading that
>to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
>increased limit.
>
>The limit on email message size is 10Mb.

But 2 accounts that I sent this 1.4 meg file were rejected as being to Large..

Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current system
limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or
remove attachments and try sending it again.

Aspiringpsychopath

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:48:42 +1300, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>>
>> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>>
>> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>Why not just build yourself one?

I don't need one

Aspiringpsychopath

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:48:42 +1300, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>>
>> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>>
>> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>Why not just build yourself one?

I don't need one

JohnO

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:39 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>

>>> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>>>
>>> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading
>>that
>>to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
>>increased limit.
>>
>>The limit on email message size is 10Mb.
>>

> But 2 accounts that I sent this 1.4 meg file were rejected as being to
> Large..
>
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current
> system
> limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or
> remove attachments and try sending it again.

His mail box must have less than 1.4Mb space left. Probably has not been
upgraded to 250Mb yet.

JohnO

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:39 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>

>>> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>>>
>>> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading
>>that
>>to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
>>increased limit.
>>
>>The limit on email message size is 10Mb.
>>

> But 2 accounts that I sent this 1.4 meg file were rejected as being to
> Large..
>
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current
> system
> limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or
> remove attachments and try sending it again.

His mail box must have less than 1.4Mb space left. Probably has not been
upgraded to 250Mb yet.

Collector»NZ

Aspiringpsychopath said the following on 22/12/2004 10:38 p.m.:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:39 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>

>>>Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>>>
>>>Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading that
>>to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
>>increased limit.
>>
>>The limit on email message size is 10Mb.
>>

> But 2 accounts that I sent this 1.4 meg file were rejected as being to Large..
>
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current system
> limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or
> remove attachments and try sending it again.

Opps there is a big clue there "something about mail box being full"

Also 1.4 meg will bloat to about 2 megs, over the size limit for some boxes.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Collector»NZ

Aspiringpsychopath said the following on 22/12/2004 10:38 p.m.:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:39 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>

>>>Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>>>
>>>Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading that
>>to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
>>increased limit.
>>
>>The limit on email message size is 10Mb.
>>

> But 2 accounts that I sent this 1.4 meg file were rejected as being to Large..
>
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current system
> limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or
> remove attachments and try sending it again.

Opps there is a big clue there "something about mail box being full"

Also 1.4 meg will bloat to about 2 megs, over the size limit for some boxes.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Adder

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:38:35 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath <(E-Mail Removed)>
says...
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:39 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>

> >> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
> >>
> >> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> >It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading that
> >to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
> >increased limit.
> >
> >The limit on email message size is 10Mb.
> >

> But 2 accounts that I sent this 1.4 meg file were rejected as being to Large..
>
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current system
> limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:55:50 +1300, Adder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
>Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:38:35 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath <(E-Mail Removed)>
>says...
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:39 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> >"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> >It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading that
>> >to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
>> >increased limit.
>> >
>> >The limit on email message size is 10Mb.
>> >

>> But 2 accounts that I sent this 1.4 meg file were rejected as being to Large..
>>
>> Action: failed
>> Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current system
>> limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.

I just checks with the User and its NOT..

It does state OR..