Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How big is the e-mail buffer with Free Hot Mail acc.

How big is the e-mail buffer with Free Hot Mail acc.

Aspiringpsychopath

Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??

Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.

Thanks

JohnO

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>
> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>
> Thanks

It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading that
to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
increased limit.

The limit on email message size is 10Mb.

JohnO

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>
> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>
> Thanks

It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading that
to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
increased limit.

The limit on email message size is 10Mb.

Steve

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>
> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>
> Thanks

Why not just build yourself one?

Steve

http://tinyurl.com/6eonu

JohnO

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>
> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>
> Thanks

http://tinyurl.com/6eonu

C9H8O4

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>
> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>
> Thanks

Sign up for Hotmail and tell them you're in the USA, you should get a 250MB
mailbox but I can't recall the maximum attachment size. Get a Gmail account
and you'll have 1GB of storage, 10MB attachments and big brother watching
your emails

C9H8O4

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:39 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Rejecting a 1.4 meg files..??
>>
>> Are there and better ones that friends can use that are Free.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>It used to be a max mailbox of 2Mb but they are progressively upgrading that
>to 250Mb. I would hav thought that any new accounts would be at the
>increased limit.
>
>The limit on email message size is 10Mb.

But 2 accounts that I sent this 1.4 meg file were rejected as being to Large..

Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current system
limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or
remove attachments and try sending it again.