Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Car Wifi (ping Dave.net)

Car Wifi (ping Dave.net)

Collector»NZ

Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi

Auto makers to create car-to-car WLAN by 2006 | The Register
"Car makers BMW, Audi, Daimler Chrysler, Volkswagen, Renault and Fiat
have won a German government grant to help develop the basis for a
standard method for car-to-car wireless data.

The money will be used by Network on Wheels (NOW), a project run out of
the University of Mannheim with the participation of Karlsruhe Technical
University. NOW is funded in part by the German 'Ministry for R&D'; the
Car2Car Communication Consortium, a non-profit organisation founded by
said vehicle manufacturers; Siemens; NEC; and the Fraunhofer Institute,
itself better known as the home of the MP3 format."
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12...r_to_car_wifi/

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

DoggNZ

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:22:13 +1300, Collector»NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi

<snip>

Cool! Downloading porn while blasting down the Autobahn at 200Kph!

--
BOINC SETI
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi

<snip>

Cool! Downloading porn while blasting down the Autobahn at 200Kph!

--
BOINC SETI
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi

heh, nice... I wonder whether or not they'll have a "sound off" contest
at car shows to see who has the "loudest" wifi

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi

heh, nice... I wonder whether or not they'll have a "sound off" contest
at car shows to see who has the "loudest" wifi

Craig Shore

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:21:29 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Collector»NZ wrote:
>> Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi

>heh, nice... I wonder whether or not they'll have a "sound off" contest
>at car shows to see who has the "loudest" wifi

I wonder if all the boy racers will pull up at a car park and have a lan party?

It'll take pirating to a new level, people will be copying movies from the car
next to them when they pull up at the lights!

Craig Shore wrote:
>>>Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi

>>heh, nice... I wonder whether or not they'll have a "sound off" contest
>>at car shows to see who has the "loudest" wifi

> I wonder if all the boy racers will pull up at a car park and have a lan party?
>

> It'll take pirating to a new level, people will be copying movies from the car
> next to them when they pull up at the lights!

you'd have to have better than 802.11g then... ~6Mbytes a sec, you'd
have to be sitting there for 100 seconds(at best) for a divx of a movie,
might take off in auckland.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Craig Shore wrote:
>>>Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi

>>heh, nice... I wonder whether or not they'll have a "sound off" contest
>>at car shows to see who has the "loudest" wifi

> I wonder if all the boy racers will pull up at a car park and have a lan party?
>

> It'll take pirating to a new level, people will be copying movies from the car
> next to them when they pull up at the lights!

you'd have to have better than 802.11g then... ~6Mbytes a sec, you'd
have to be sitting there for 100 seconds(at best) for a divx of a movie,
might take off in auckland.

David

DoggNZ wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:22:13 +1300, Collector»NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Your closer to real life than you think with your in-car wifi
>>

> <snip>
>
> Cool! Downloading porn while blasting down the Autobahn at 200Kph!
>
> --
> BOINC SETI
> http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off

The autobahn that is the auckland motorway system?

CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAR Ahmed Digital Photography 3 10-31-2007 10:50 AM
NEW INVENTED CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAR johnbadawi79@gmail.com Java 0 10-31-2007 02:29 AM
CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAR Ahmed C++ 0 10-31-2007 02:25 AM
CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAR Ahmed C Programming 0 10-31-2007 02:24 AM

Advertisments