Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Acrobat Reader 7 Out...

Acrobat Reader 7 Out...

Aspiringpsychopath

Yes is Fast

Direct Dnload link

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...0_enu_full.exe

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
> Yes is Fast
> Direct Dnload link
> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...0_enu_full.exe

Roger surely even you realise that providing direct links to others
files is usually frowned upon...

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
> Yes is Fast
> Direct Dnload link
> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...0_enu_full.exe

Roger surely even you realise that providing direct links to others
files is usually frowned upon...

JedMeister

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yes is Fast
>

> Direct Dnload link
>

> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...0_enu_full.exe

Why is it 20mb just for a reader? I hate adobe software, it has degraded to
malware status in my opinion.

JedMeister

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yes is Fast
>

> Direct Dnload link
>

> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...0_enu_full.exe

Why is it 20mb just for a reader? I hate adobe software, it has degraded to
malware status in my opinion.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Aspiringpsychopath <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Yes is Fast

Couldn't be slower than 6

Bruce

think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyones fault.
If it was Us, what did that make Me ? After all, Im one of Us. I must be.
Ive certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
of themselves as one of Them. Were always one of Us. Its Them that do

(if there were any)

JedMeister wrote:
>>http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...0_enu_full.exe

> Why is it 20mb just for a reader?

From a quick look around its install directory...

v6 is 43MB installed
v7 is 95MB installed

extras in the v7 folder are "activex"(492kb) and "setup files"(32MB)

The setup files I actually commend them on, as often the network
resource where it was installed from isn't availible anymore, and
re-downloading it is a PITA.

> I hate adobe software, it has degraded to
> malware status in my opinion.

Unfortunately a PDF reader is a necessity in my job, and Adobe seems to
be the only one that makes every one of them look correct... although
thats probably because adobe software was used to make them.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

JedMeister wrote:
>>http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...0_enu_full.exe

> Why is it 20mb just for a reader?

From a quick look around its install directory...

v6 is 43MB installed
v7 is 95MB installed

extras in the v7 folder are "activex"(492kb) and "setup files"(32MB)

The setup files I actually commend them on, as often the network
resource where it was installed from isn't availible anymore, and
re-downloading it is a PITA.

> I hate adobe software, it has degraded to
> malware status in my opinion.

Unfortunately a PDF reader is a necessity in my job, and Adobe seems to
be the only one that makes every one of them look correct... although
thats probably because adobe software was used to make them.

Digin C

Yep, definately an improvement on Adobe Rdr 6.0 in terms of speed opening
..pdf's saved locally. I hope it works a hell of a lot better with Firefox
than 6.0 as well.