Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > I was Thinking; How does Internet Access Cost compare to other utilities

I was Thinking; How does Internet Access Cost compare to other utilities

Collector»NZ

We all fork over money on a regular basis for our Internet Access and
often complain its too costly.

Okay how much do you pay for Internet Access compared to say
Electricity, or water, in fact any other service.

I pay $382 a year for Internet and two domains with email, now I dont
pay for water etc as I dont live in a std arrangement, but I do pay
about $600 year for electricity and about $160 a year for gas (Cooking
and hot water) so in my case the figures stack up even if my service is
only Dial 56k.

How does it compare for others say with broadband DSL or Wireless?

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:

> We all fork over money on a regular basis for our Internet Access and
> often complain its too costly.
>
> Okay how much do you pay for Internet Access compared to say
> Electricity, or water, in fact any other service.
>
> I pay $382 a year for Internet and two domains with email, now I dont
> pay for water etc as I dont live in a std arrangement, but I do pay
> about $600 year for electricity and about $160 a year for gas (Cooking
> and hot water) so in my case the figures stack up even if my service is
> only Dial 56k.
>
> How does it compare for others say with broadband DSL or Wireless?

Water not billed in Dunedin(fair enough, it tastes pretty bad).

Wireless net(complimentary account), although should be paying ~$60 a
month, so $720, + 2 domains, so $780 a year.

Power costs me ~1440 a year.

Phone is ~$480 a year(although no phone next year).

Cellphone is ~$960 a year.

Wifes Cell is ~$240 a year.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:

> We all fork over money on a regular basis for our Internet Access and
> often complain its too costly.
>
> Okay how much do you pay for Internet Access compared to say
> Electricity, or water, in fact any other service.
>
> I pay $382 a year for Internet and two domains with email, now I dont
> pay for water etc as I dont live in a std arrangement, but I do pay
> about $600 year for electricity and about $160 a year for gas (Cooking
> and hot water) so in my case the figures stack up even if my service is
> only Dial 56k.
>
> How does it compare for others say with broadband DSL or Wireless?

Water not billed in Dunedin(fair enough, it tastes pretty bad).

Wireless net(complimentary account), although should be paying ~$60 a
month, so $720, + 2 domains, so $780 a year.

Power costs me ~1440 a year.

Phone is ~$480 a year(although no phone next year).

Cellphone is ~$960 a year.

Wifes Cell is ~$240 a year.

Steve Marshall

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Wifes Cell is ~$240 a year.

Uh Dave, what you do in your private life really doesn't concern us.

Steve Marshall

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Wifes Cell is ~$240 a year.

Uh Dave, what you do in your private life really doesn't concern us.

JohnO

"Steve Marshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Wifes Cell is ~$240 a year.

> Uh Dave, what you do in your private life really doesn't concern us.

At only $240 it's probably not a very secure cell. More like it's just a
locked basement.

*<)>

Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 22/12/2004 8:47 a.m.:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>
>> We all fork over money on a regular basis for our Internet Access and
>> often complain its too costly.
>>
>> Okay how much do you pay for Internet Access compared to say
>> Electricity, or water, in fact any other service.
>>
>> I pay $382 a year for Internet and two domains with email, now I dont
>> pay for water etc as I dont live in a std arrangement, but I do pay
>> about $600 year for electricity and about $160 a year for gas (Cooking
>> and hot water) so in my case the figures stack up even if my service
>> is only Dial 56k.
>>
>> How does it compare for others say with broadband DSL or Wireless?

> Water not billed in Dunedin(fair enough, it tastes pretty bad).

Probably inclusive in the Rates

> Wireless net(complimentary account), although should be paying ~$60 a
> month, so $720, + 2 domains, so $780 a year.
>
> Power costs me ~1440 a year.

That used to be about my level when living in a house with Spa, Sauna
and many computers

> Phone is ~$480 a year(although no phone next year).

My Phone is about 45mth so about 540

> Cellphone is ~$960 a year.

Hehe Gas Bag mine is about $120 a year

> Wifes Cell is ~$240 a year.

No padding in my wifes cell so it is only about 60 a year

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Steve Marshall wrote:
>>Wifes Cell is ~$240 a year.

> Uh Dave, what you do in your private life really doesn't concern us.

took m,e a minute, and three re-reads, but I get it now...

should have been
Wifes cell phone is ~$240 a year.

better now?