Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon Newsfeeds news Server Update

Orcon Newsfeeds news Server Update

Collector»NZ

If you are using Orcon's Newsfeeds server (news.orcon.net.nz) you can
recieve headers from the outside world but anything you post will not
propergate outside Newsfeed.com.

It has been bought to the attention of the News Admin at Orcon so
hopefully it will be fixed at some stage soon.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Mike Parsons

recieve??
propergate???
It has been bought to the attention of ...????
If you're making official announcements, learn to spell.

Mike Parsons

recieve??
propergate???

Mike Parsons said the following on 20/12/2004 12:46 p.m.:
> recieve??
> propergate???
> It has been bought to the attention of ...????
> If you're making official announcements, learn to spell.

Another FW Village idiot and where does it say Official FW!

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Collector»NZ

Mike Parsons said the following on 20/12/2004 12:46 p.m.:
> recieve??
> propergate???
> It has been bought to the attention of ...????
> If you're making official announcements, learn to spell.

Another FW Village idiot and where does it say Official FW!

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

wogers nemesis

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:52:39 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

> If you are using Orcon's Newsfeeds server (news.orcon.net.nz) you can
> recieve headers from the outside world but anything you post will not
> propergate outside Newsfeed.com.
>
> It has been bought to the attention of the News Admin at Orcon so
> hopefully it will be fixed at some stage soon.

Why continue to torture yourself - I just use news.individual.net these
days.

wogers nemesis said the following on 20/12/2004 6:07 p.m.:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:52:39 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

Snipped

> Why continue to torture yourself - I just use news.individual.net these
> days.

The aim is to keep Orcons service available, because I do not wish to
become reliant an NIN and then find it ceases to be available to me,
being "free" there is a good chance it will cease to be available at
some time in the future.
Particularly with the number of users it has gained from NZ recently.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Collector»NZ

wogers nemesis said the following on 20/12/2004 6:07 p.m.:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:52:39 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

Snipped

> Why continue to torture yourself - I just use news.individual.net these
> days.

The aim is to keep Orcons service available, because I do not wish to
become reliant an NIN and then find it ceases to be available to me,
being "free" there is a good chance it will cease to be available at
some time in the future.
Particularly with the number of users it has gained from NZ recently.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

steve

Collector»NZ wrote:

> If you are using Orcon's Newsfeeds server (news.orcon.net.nz) you can
> recieve headers from the outside world but anything you post will not
> propergate outside Newsfeed.com.
>
> It has been bought to the attention of the News Admin at Orcon so
> hopefully it will be fixed at some stage soon.

I gave up on Orcon's news server months ago.....sadly. They kept promising
to fix it....and never did.

news.individual.net works very well.....much as the old one on Actrix did in
1990.....running, as it was on an Intel 386.
,