Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > TradeMe Images

TradeMe Images

Mike Dee

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Chris Maslin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rPdxd.28959$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is this:
>>
>> a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
>> b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
>> c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)

> Just you Reinstall

Not good advice [but smileys noted]

Collector and # in this thread got it spot-on. It's a user congfig
setting in FF and Moz.

--
dee

TomV

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:43:18 +1300, Chris Maslin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
>
>Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I can right click on the box where
>the image should be and choose "View Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page
>load fine (logos, navigation etc.).
>
>Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior to FF1.0 anyway) this all
>worked fine in Firefox (which I have been using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
>
>Is this:

I had that problem for a while. You need to change the firefox option

options/web features /

uncheck, "load images for the originating website only" or create an
exception

....tom

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
>
>Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I can right click on the box where
>the image should be and choose "View Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page
>load fine (logos, navigation etc.).
>
>Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior to FF1.0 anyway) this all
>worked fine in Firefox (which I have been using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
>
>Is this:

I had that problem for a while. You need to change the firefox option

options/web features /

uncheck, "load images for the originating website only" or create an
exception

....tom

Chris Maslin

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 12:43 a.m.:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
>>
>> Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I
>> can right click on the box where the image should be and choose "View
>> Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page load fine
>> (logos, navigation etc.).
>>
>> Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior
>> to FF1.0 anyway) this all worked fine in Firefox (which I have been
>> using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
>>
>> Is this:
>>
>> a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
>> b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
>> c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Chris.

> Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have the
> option to load images for originating site only selected, it is not a
> fault or bug its a user choice.

Yup that fixed it.

(I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it when it f$%#$ up something
else a few months down the track. I'd like to say that this will make me more careful in future, but
I doubt it. )

Thanks to everyone who replied about this.

Chris.

Chris Maslin

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 12:43 a.m.:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
>>
>> Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I
>> can right click on the box where the image should be and choose "View
>> Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page load fine
>> (logos, navigation etc.).
>>
>> Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior
>> to FF1.0 anyway) this all worked fine in Firefox (which I have been
>> using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
>>
>> Is this:
>>
>> a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
>> b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
>> c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Chris.

> Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have the
> option to load images for originating site only selected, it is not a
> fault or bug its a user choice.

Yup that fixed it.

(I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it when it f$%#$ up something
else a few months down the track. I'd like to say that this will make me more careful in future, but
I doubt it. )

Thanks to everyone who replied about this.

Chris.

Collector»NZ

Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 10:50 p.m.:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>
>> Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 12:43 a.m.:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
>>>
>>> Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I
>>> can right click on the box where the image should be and choose "View
>>> Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page load
>>> fine (logos, navigation etc.).
>>>
>>> Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior
>>> to FF1.0 anyway) this all worked fine in Firefox (which I have been
>>> using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
>>>
>>> Is this:
>>>
>>> a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
>>> b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
>>> c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Chris.

>> Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have the
>> option to load images for originating site only selected, it is not a
>> fault or bug its a user choice.
>>

> Yup that fixed it.
>
> (I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it
> when it f$%#$ up something else a few months down the track. I'd like to
> say that this will make me more careful in future, but I doubt it. )
>
> Thanks to everyone who replied about this.
>
> Chris.

At least this was one occasion where local knowledge mattered and I
couldnt tell you to Go Google it

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 10:50 p.m.:
>
>> Collector»NZ wrote:

>>> Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have
>>> the option to load images for originating site only selected, it is
>>> not a fault or bug its a user choice.
>>>

>> Yup that fixed it.
>>
>> (I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it
>> when it f$%#$ up something else a few months down the track. I'd like
>> to say that this will make me more careful in future, but I doubt it. )
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who replied about this.
>>
>> Chris.

> At least this was one occasion where local knowledge mattered and I
> couldnt tell you to Go Google it

Don't think I didn't try that first. Even now, knowing what the solution is, it is hard to find
without including the phrase "originating website only" in your search terms. As always, sometimes
the truly hard part is knowing what question to ask.

Chris.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature"

Chris Maslin

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 10:50 p.m.:
>
>> Collector»NZ wrote:

>>> Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have
>>> the option to load images for originating site only selected, it is
>>> not a fault or bug its a user choice.
>>>

>> Yup that fixed it.
>>
>> (I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it
>> when it f$%#$ up something else a few months down the track. I'd like
>> to say that this will make me more careful in future, but I doubt it. )
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who replied about this.
>>
>> Chris.

> At least this was one occasion where local knowledge mattered and I
> couldnt tell you to Go Google it

Don't think I didn't try that first. Even now, knowing what the solution is, it is hard to find
without including the phrase "originating website only" in your search terms. As always, sometimes
the truly hard part is knowing what question to ask.

Chris.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature"

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
>> Yup that fixed it.
>> (I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it
>> when it f$%#$ up something else a few months down the track. I'd like
>> to say that this will make me more careful in future, but I doubt it. )

> At least this was one occasion where local knowledge mattered and I
> couldnt tell you to Go Google it

heh
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...loading+images

6th link down.
https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2773
Which would have hinted at it.

trademe con? - $10 to ask a question bruce NZ Computing 44 03-14-2010 03:59 AM
TradeMe Images Chris Maslin NZ Computing 0 12-19-2004 11:43 AM
Trademe idiots Weez NZ Computing 57 05-20-2004 05:19 AM
Question about "TradeMe" bidding Craig NZ Computing 2 01-27-2004 08:51 AM
TradeMe strangeness JD NZ Computing 16 08-08-2003 06:08 AM

Advertisments