Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Well I have my P4 3.2g Northwood now..

Well I have my P4 3.2g Northwood now..

cowboyz

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:27:34 +1300, "Comp"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> Well some nasty person tried to beet me to it, seems like I got
>>> the Only one left in NZ..
>>>
>>> Northwood, the other reason is Heat, the 3.2g Prescott E0 stepping
>>> draws 103W, the Northwood only 82w

>>> .............. Dribble removed

>> So what are you going to do with the 21W you're saving.?
>> You could run 21 1W lightbulbs and connect them to your PDP11
>> but then there is a better model of 1W bulbs coming out next year
>> that
>> only use .9W for 1W of output so better sit in the dark until then
>> ah......?

> My Power bill will be lower, plus my PC can run in the Summer

So intels don't work well all year round?

David Preece

cowboyz wrote:
>>My Power bill will be lower, plus my PC can run in the Summer

> So intels don't work well all year round?

Seems that way, doesn't it.

Crappy overclocked processor, $600.
Air conditioned room to run it in, $25k.
Realising an AMD chip would have been both faster and cheaper, priceless.

Dave

David Preece

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
> Here is that Article again
>
> http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/amd-2400/index.html

It was wrong the first time, and it's wrong now.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...5ce9439e0fad4a

Still, it appears to work for conning gullible old men. Congratulations.

Dave

David Preece

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
> Here is that Article again
>
> http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/amd-2400/index.html

It was wrong the first time, and it's wrong now.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...5ce9439e0fad4a

Still, it appears to work for conning gullible old men. Congratulations.

Dave

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Aspiringpsychopath <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Quay computers tried to sell me a AMD, but I stated that I have a web site
>that proves that the P4 was better then most of the lower priced AMD , they
>did not believe me, but I an inclined to believe that site 100%..

I've been less than impressed with my current experience of the state of
the AMD64 art too. Thought that might have been the particular
application I was using it for (MPEG encoding).

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Aspiringpsychopath <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Quay computers tried to sell me a AMD, but I stated that I have a web site
>that proves that the P4 was better then most of the lower priced AMD , they
>did not believe me, but I an inclined to believe that site 100%..

I've been less than impressed with my current experience of the state of
the AMD64 art too. Thought that might have been the particular
application I was using it for (MPEG encoding).

Aspiringpsychopath

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:22:49 +1300, David Preece <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>cowboyz wrote:
>>>My Power bill will be lower, plus my PC can run in the Summer

>> So intels don't work well all year round?

>Seems that way, doesn't it.
>
>Crappy overclocked processor, $600.
>Air conditioned room to run it in, $25k.
>Realising an AMD chip would have been both faster and cheaper, priceless.
>
>Dave

And work in a Intel chipset MoBo....??

wrote:

>cowboyz wrote:
>>>My Power bill will be lower, plus my PC can run in the Summer

>> So intels don't work well all year round?

>Seems that way, doesn't it.
>
>Crappy overclocked processor, $600.
>Air conditioned room to run it in, $25k.
>Realising an AMD chip would have been both faster and cheaper, priceless.
>
>Dave

And work in a Intel chipset MoBo....??

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>>Crappy overclocked processor, $600.
>>Air conditioned room to run it in, $25k.
>>Realising an AMD chip would have been both faster and cheaper, priceless.

> And work in a Intel chipset MoBo....??

I have an AMD chip here in an Intel mobo, it runs fine.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

Northwood/Prescott Ron NZ Computing 2 04-17-2005 07:45 PM
P4 3.2G Northwood.. Robert Mathews NZ Computing 32 12-15-2004 08:58 PM
Re: P4 3.2 Gig 478 Northwood.. Dave - Dave.net.nz NZ Computing 1 11-16-2004 11:06 PM
Intel Prescott P4 v Northwood P4 power consumption Adam Warner NZ Computing 17 02-14-2004 11:31 PM

Advertisments