Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > *&%^()*^ IHUG Dialup Speed

*&%^()*^ IHUG Dialup Speed

Kevin

Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

Regards

Kevin

PS; Remember, Amateurs built the ark .... Professionals built the Titanic

gimp

Kevin wrote:
> Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
> unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

heh probly, i slow dial-up on ihug over the past couple months. my
bliink broadband just went active today...
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! <@

gimp

Kevin wrote:
> Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
> unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

heh probly, i slow dial-up on ihug over the past couple months. my
bliink broadband just went active today...
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! <@

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Kevin wrote:
> Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
> unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

do you mean the initial connection speed? or the throughput that you are
getting?

what area?
have you called ihug about it?
when did it start?
are you wanting help with it? or just to rant?
what operating system?
what type of modem?
anything else connected to the line?
using extension cables?

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Kevin wrote:
> Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
> unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

do you mean the initial connection speed? or the throughput that you are
getting?

what area?
have you called ihug about it?
when did it start?
are you wanting help with it? or just to rant?
what operating system?
what type of modem?
anything else connected to the line?
using extension cables?

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is (E-Mail Removed)e

steven

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:43:09 +1300, Kevin wrote:

> Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
> unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

two words, school holidays.

all the kiddies are downloading music & games (saves paying for them)

--
-------------------------------------
Steven H (.net geek)

steven

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:43:09 +1300, Kevin wrote:

> Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
> unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

two words, school holidays.

all the kiddies are downloading music & games (saves paying for them)

--
-------------------------------------
Steven H (.net geek)
Third Year, B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic

morrisseybreen@yahoo.com

Yes, I tried unsuccessfully to connect at 10.10 a.m. and then, after
finally getting through, it took about three minutes before the
nz.politics page on Google Groups downloaded.

I just gave up in disgust.
However, this evening (it's 9:15 now) it's okay.

morrisseybreen@yahoo.com

Yes, I tried unsuccessfully to connect at 10.10 a.m. and then, after
finally getting through, it took about three minutes before the
nz.politics page on Google Groups downloaded.

I just gave up in disgust.
However, this evening (it's 9:15 now) it's okay.

E. Scrooge

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cpomco$oii$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
> unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

> Regards
>
> Kevin

Your other option is to just MOVE.
You could be in for surpise at the good service some ISPs offer.

E. Scrooge

Re: The name IHUG is now long gone - hardly surprising that Vodafone has dropped the ihug internet name. Dave Doe NZ Computing 5 04-11-2008 06:46 PM
ihug website wont go for some ihug customers...... iascoot NZ Computing 5 08-11-2006 09:53 AM
Ihug Dialup Chch Rob J NZ Computing 6 06-17-2005 01:49 PM
Slooowww dialup connection to ihug Jonski NZ Computing 12 05-07-2004 03:59 AM

Advertisments