Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > I have a Powerpc 7600/120 will adaptec pci scsi cards fit in it?

I have a Powerpc 7600/120 will adaptec pci scsi cards fit in it?

thing

Mike Dee wrote:
> Mike Dee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>

>>G3 & G4 upgrade cards [PCI slot] Sonnet, PowerLogix, Newer, XLR8
>>etc:
>><http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/...zif/nov_00.sht
>>ml>

> Sorry, wrong link [Zif socket]. Correct type here:
> <http://www.sonnettech.com/product/crescendo_pci.html>

Thanks

I do not want to spend heaps on it....I have it lying around so wanted
to do just enough to make it farily usable as a first Internet PC for a
Xmas present for a relative.

I have some scsi bits like drives so I can add them for no cost.

regards

thing

thing

Mike Dee wrote:
> thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:TAtvd.14780$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Looks like it has 3 x pci slots....or are they something else?

> PCI
>

>>Any upgrade bits about?

> Internal SCSI drive can be expensive to upgrade.
>
> Can be taken up to 1GB RAM [not bad for an 8 yr old 'puter]
>
> G3 & G4 upgrade cards [PCI slot] Sonnet, PowerLogix, Newer, XLR8
> etc:
> <http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/5.0/upgrades/g4_zif/nov_00.shtml>
> Dunno if still being produced but ebay etc is a good source.
>

>>I also have been given a 5000 series, any swapable bits?

> Nope, better give it away again [to me]
> Dunno, RAM may/may not be compatable. Internal IDE drive is not
> compatable. Single PCI slot may contain something useable.
> Floppy drive can be swapped out.

The slot has a NIC in it at present....

If in wellington that may well be a plan as I do not want it, except as
spares.

Will let you know.

regards

Thing

thing

Mike Dee wrote:
> thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:TAtvd.14780$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Looks like it has 3 x pci slots....or are they something else?

> PCI
>

>>Any upgrade bits about?

> Internal SCSI drive can be expensive to upgrade.
>
> Can be taken up to 1GB RAM [not bad for an 8 yr old 'puter]
>
> G3 & G4 upgrade cards [PCI slot] Sonnet, PowerLogix, Newer, XLR8
> etc:
> <http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/5.0/upgrades/g4_zif/nov_00.shtml>
> Dunno if still being produced but ebay etc is a good source.
>

>>I also have been given a 5000 series, any swapable bits?

> Nope, better give it away again [to me]
> Dunno, RAM may/may not be compatable. Internal IDE drive is not
> compatable. Single PCI slot may contain something useable.
> Floppy drive can be swapped out.

The slot has a NIC in it at present....

If in wellington that may well be a plan as I do not want it, except as
spares.

Will let you know.

regards

Thing

Mike Dee

thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Mike Dee wrote:
>> thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:TAtvd.14780$(E-Mail Removed):

<snip>
>>>I also have been given a 5000 series, any swapable bits?

>> Nope, better give it away again [to me]
>> Dunno, RAM may/may not be compatable. Internal IDE drive is not
>> compatable. Single PCI slot may contain something useable.
>> Floppy drive can be swapped out.

> The slot has a NIC in it at present....
>
> If in wellington that may well be a plan as I do not want it,
> except as spares.
>
> Will let you know.

Gee, I'm in the Taranaki region. But I could get my brother-n-law to
pick it up for me if you have no plans or use for it

addy: <mdtemporary AT hotmail DOT com> will find me, rather than one in
this header which will bounce.

Cheers

--
dee