Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Now chaps, no more Smoking here now..

Now chaps, no more Smoking here now..

Aspiringpsychopath

Lets keep these news groups Clean..

XPD

"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Lets keep these news groups Clean..

Aww, but my CPU likes the odd smoking session

xlo

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

> Lets keep these news groups Clean..

The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the danger of
second hand smoking...

Invisible

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:37:04 +1300, "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Aspiringpsychopath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> Lets keep these news groups Clean..
>>

>Aww, but my CPU likes the odd smoking session

It must be AMD CRAP like mine.

steve

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

> Lets keep these news groups Clean..

I might go the pub instead, now that I can breathe properly and my clothes
won't stink.

--
Distributed Computing Projects:
SETI at Home

Warwick

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:42:44 +1300, xlo wrote:

> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>
>> [2 quoted lines suppressed]

> The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
> usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the danger of
> second hand smoking...

I don't understand the attitude myself. If you don't like secondhand /
passive smoking, try the firsthand / active variety of smoking. It is way
way more satisfying.

Snufkin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Warwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I don't understand the attitude myself. If you don't like secondhand /
> passive smoking, try the firsthand / active variety of smoking. It is way
> way more satisfying.

Naaa! Hated the angst and rotten feeling I got whenever I hadn't had a
fag for a while. That's the trouble with nicotine addition, it doesn't
make you feel better, it just stops you feeling worse.

Better to avoid it in the first place.

--
......Snufkin

~misfit~

Warwick wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:42:44 +1300, xlo wrote:
>
>> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>>
>>> [2 quoted lines suppressed]

>> The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
>> usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the
>> danger of second hand smoking...

> I don't understand the attitude myself. If you don't like secondhand /
> passive smoking, try the firsthand / active variety of smoking. It is
> way way more satisfying.

Aww, c'mon man. I've been given up eight months now after smoking for over
25 years. After the day I've had today your comment makes me want to head
off to Foodtown and grab a pack, they're open 24/7 here.

--
~misfit~ (Commited non-smoker, just still miss it now and then)

Tarla

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:42:44 +1300, xlo wrote:

> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>
>> Lets keep these news groups Clean..
>>

> The scientific study that shows the danger of second hand smoke via
> usenet will be about as objective as the study that showed the danger of
> second hand smoking...

You all should be feeling very relaxed...just...about...now.

Tarla

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:02:00 +1300, Snufkin wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Warwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I don't understand the attitude myself. If you don't like secondhand /
>> passive smoking, try the firsthand / active variety of smoking. It is way
>> way more satisfying.

> Naaa! Hated the angst and rotten feeling I got whenever I hadn't had a
> fag for a while. That's the trouble with nicotine addition, it doesn't
> make you feel better, it just stops you feeling worse.
>
> Better to avoid it in the first place.

Ain't it the truth! Been wrestling the demon for the last ten days
now...for the umpteenth time. At least with this new law, I won't be
tempted in public places to bum a fag.