Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Good CHEAP Intel Chipset 478 Socket MoBo.

Good CHEAP Intel Chipset 478 Socket MoBo.

Aspiringpsychopath

Only found this one so far

Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478

Requirements are

P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots

Its not for me..

EMB

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

> Only found this one so far
>
> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
>
> Requirements are
>

> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
>

> Its not for me..

Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644

Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.

--
EMB

Invisible

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:03:27 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Only found this one so far
>
>Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
>
>Requirements are
>

>P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
>

>Its not for me..

Time for another upgrade then? What's that, your 4th board this week?

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:03:27 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath <(E-Mail Removed)>
says...

> Only found this one so far
>
> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
>
> Requirements are
>

> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
>

> Its not for me..

Elitegroup = PC Chips = CRap(TM), right up your street

Aspiringpsychopath

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:09:48 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>>
>> Only found this one so far
>>
>> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
>>
>> Requirements are
>>

>> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
>>

>> Its not for me..

>Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
>me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644
>
>Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.

The Chap wishes to upgrade to a faster CPU at the Minimum costs, I have a P4
2.4c for sale so that will save him heaps..

The onboard 865G Intel chip sets Board do not have DVI outs even thought the
chip set supports it..

A mate has a nForce 2 mobo the first one was U/S and not to happy with the
Pro version that they gave him in replacement, plus most only give 12 months
warrantee.

Plus here will Only deal with a local dealer in Wellington.

Aspiringpsychopath

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:09:48 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>>
>> Only found this one so far
>>
>> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
>>
>> Requirements are
>>

>> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
>>

>> Its not for me..

>Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
>me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644
>
>Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.

Thanks..

You link to a MoBo with a 865GV Chipset, well Intel list it as having No AGP
slot, but that picture shows a AGP Slot.

But it seems that its Asus special feature.

"Worldwide Patent - ASRock A.G.I.8X
A gift for VGA upgrade on i865GV "

Intel Info no AGP

http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/865GV/

But this one doses

http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/865g/index.htm

Aspiringpsychopath

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:50:24 +1300, Invisible <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:03:27 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Only found this one so far
>>
>>Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
>>
>>Requirements are
>>

>>P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
>>

>>Its not for me..
>>

>Time for another upgrade then? What's that, your 4th board this week?

READ Dumbo

>>Its not for me..

Robert Mathews

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:09:48 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>>
>> Only found this one so far
>>
>> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
>>
>> Requirements are
>>

>> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
>>

>> Its not for me..

>Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
>me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644

Well Pricespy does not list it as I have just checked

Here is the current list

http://www.pricespy.co.nz/pno_4023.html

>Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.

Gurble

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:03:27 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath
<(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

>Only found this one so far
>
>Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
>
>Requirements are
>

>P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
>

>Its not for me..

Elitegroup is Crap(TM). (We replace several each week, mainly from PC
Co machines that would still be under warranty).

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> Elitegroup = PC Chips = CRap(TM), right up your street

Although I understand why others might think that ECS/Elitegroup/PC
Chips are crap, I havent had any hassle with my mobo, that has now been
running quite happily for the last 3 years.