Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > !Telstra Saturn TV in Wellington completely stuffed....

!Telstra Saturn TV in Wellington completely stuffed....

Max Burke

At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours earlier)
at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by 05:30pm....

At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know anything
about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was due to a failure
their power company and they had no idea when service would be
restored......

Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power supplies for
their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay for!!!!!

Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call centre,
their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use, cuts off
announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call, and puts you
through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant help, but would you
like to sign up for our new telephone service (even though I'm already using
their telephone service) and the inability of the company itself to ensure
their customers have an uninterrupted service....

I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!!

Found Images

Newsman

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours earlier)
>at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by 05:30pm....
>
>At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know anything
>about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was due to a failure
>their power company and they had no idea when service would be
>restored......
>
>Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power supplies for
>their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay for!!!!!
>
>Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call centre,
>their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use, cuts off
>announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call, and puts you
>through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant help, but would you
>like to sign up for our new telephone service (even though I'm already using
>their telephone service) and the inability of the company itself to ensure
>their customers have an uninterrupted service....
>
>I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!!

Dearie me!

Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

BTMO

"nick" <> wrote

>> Dearie me!
>>
>> Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

> Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
> Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on the
> phone
>
> A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of half
> arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?

Yep - no worries here (Lower Hutt Valley)

nick

Newsman wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours
>> earlier) at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by
>> 05:30pm....
>>
>> At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know
>> anything about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was
>> due to a failure their power company and they had no idea when
>> service would be restored......
>>
>> Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power
>> supplies for their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay
>> for!!!!!
>>
>> Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call
>> centre, their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use,
>> cuts off announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call,
>> and puts you through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant
>> help, but would you like to sign up for our new telephone service
>> (even though I'm already using their telephone service) and the
>> inability of the company itself to ensure their customers have an
>> uninterrupted service....
>>
>> I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!!
>>

> Dearie me!
>
> Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on the phone

A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of half
arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?

Aspiringpsychopath

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours earlier)
>at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by 05:30pm....
>
>At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know anything
>about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was due to a failure
>their power company and they had no idea when service would be
>restored......
>
>Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power supplies for
>their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay for!!!!!
>
>Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call centre,
>their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use, cuts off
>announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call, and puts you
>through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant help, but would you
>like to sign up for our new telephone service (even though I'm already using
>their telephone service) and the inability of the company itself to ensure
>their customers have an uninterrupted service....
>
>I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!!

Gee what a Dick head you are, you just don't have a clue and slag off a firm
as well, well I hope the sue you..

Aspiringpsychopath

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:33:36 +1300, "nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Newsman wrote:
>> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours
>>> earlier) at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by
>>> 05:30pm....
>>>
>>> At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know
>>> anything about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was
>>> due to a failure their power company and they had no idea when
>>> service would be restored......
>>>
>>> Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power
>>> supplies for their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay
>>> for!!!!!
>>>
>>> Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call
>>> centre, their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use,
>>> cuts off announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call,
>>> and puts you through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant
>>> help, but would you like to sign up for our new telephone service
>>> (even though I'm already using their telephone service) and the
>>> inability of the company itself to ensure their customers have an
>>> uninterrupted service....
>>>
>>> I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!!
>>>

>> Dearie me!
>>
>> Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

>Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
>Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on the phone
>
>A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of half
>arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?

They do not supply the Power, blame that on the Gov.

nick

BTMO wrote:
> "nick" <> wrote
>
>>> Dearie me!
>>>
>>> Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

>> Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
>> Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on the
>> phone
>>
>> A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of
>> half arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?

> Yep - no worries here (Lower Hutt Valley)

And now they will have the cheek to charge me $2.50 per hour on top of my
bill to use dialup while their cable is broken.

Be warned, if it breaks in your part of town this is the sort of service you
can expect.

Collector»NZ

nick said the following on 7/12/2004 10:43 p.m.:
> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours
>>>earlier) at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by
>>>05:30pm....
>>>
>>>At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know
>>>anything about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was
>>>due to a failure their power company and they had no idea when
>>>service would be restored......
>>>
>>>Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power
>>>supplies for their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay
>>>for!!!!!
>>>
>>>Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call
>>>centre, their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use,
>>>cuts off announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call,
>>>and puts you through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant
>>>help, but would you like to sign up for our new telephone service
>>>(even though I'm already using their telephone service) and the
>>>inability of the company itself to ensure their customers have an
>>>uninterrupted service....
>>>
>>>I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!!

>>Gee what a Dick head you are, you just don't have a clue and slag
>>off a firm as well, well I hope the sue you..

> Its all true, they can't communicate with their customers and the bloody
> thing has been broken since four thirty this afternoon.
> Thats just absolutely bloody ridiculous mate.

What is really ridiculous is your posting this to three groups without
creating a follow up to one group. It is just mindless drivel when you
do that since it becomes a collection of separated posts

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

nick

Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours
>> earlier) at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by
>> 05:30pm....
>>
>> At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know
>> anything about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was
>> due to a failure their power company and they had no idea when
>> service would be restored......
>>
>> Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power
>> supplies for their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay
>> for!!!!!
>>
>> Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call
>> centre, their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use,
>> cuts off announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call,
>> and puts you through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant
>> help, but would you like to sign up for our new telephone service
>> (even though I'm already using their telephone service) and the
>> inability of the company itself to ensure their customers have an
>> uninterrupted service....
>>
>> I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!!

> Gee what a Dick head you are, you just don't have a clue and slag
> off a firm as well, well I hope the sue you..

Its all true, they can't communicate with their customers and the bloody
thing has been broken since four thirty this afternoon.
Thats just absolutely bloody ridiculous mate.

BTMO

"nick" <> wrote

>> Yep - no worries here (Lower Hutt Valley)

> And now they will have the cheek to charge me $2.50 per hour on top of my
> bill to use dialup while their cable is broken.
>
> Be warned, if it breaks in your part of town this is the sort of service
> you
> can expect.

Well, you can say what you like about Telecom, but they *do* have honking
great huge back up generators...

I have seen them (and I hear them test run in our building at least once a
week)

Cheers,

Brenton