Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > firefox 1.5 install kills thunderbird 1.5

firefox 1.5 install kills thunderbird 1.5

Dave_s

I just installed Firefox ver 1.5 and older Thunderbird 1.06 has been
installed and running OK for some time. Firefox runs OK in this desktop
XP PRO SP2 system with 1 GB RAM.

On an IBM T30 Thinkpad Laptop, I just installed Thunderbird ver 1.5 and
it seem to run OK. Then installed Firefox ver 1.5 on this XP PRO SP2
[1GB RAM] system but Firefox won't run.
The main error message is
"XML Parsing error:undefined entity.
^"Window ID="messengerwindow"
----^<menuitem insertafter="pagesourceMenuitem"= label=
"&menu_securitystatus.label; "accesskey = "&openattachment"
--^menuitem id= "context-openattachment"
--^commanditem = "command_undo""&openAttachmentCmd.label; " accesskey =
"&openatachment"

XP installation is DIFFERENT on the two systems and may be significant.

On the DESKTOP, XP is installed on the C: drive. All system files and
WIN XP applications are under C:\PROGRAM FILES on the C:\ drive.

On the IBM LAPTOP, there is a VERY small C:\ drive [3GB] with very few
programs installed there and a MUCH larger D:\ drive [33GB], with ALL
other WIN XP apps installed in D:\Program Files including Firefox and
Thunderbird.

On the laptop, until I install Firefox 1.5, Thunderbird 1.06 runs OK.
After I install Firefox 1.5 both Thunderbird and Firefox fail with
similar XML error messages.

If I am posting in the wrong group, please suggest the correct group.

Thank you for any help. Dave_s