Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Sanyo VCR Help

Sanyo VCR Help

PseUDO

My dad has a sanyo vcr model VHR-VT821A it has been working fine with no
problems up until tonight, he put in a tape to watch and it tried to
play but then "ER:03" comes up on the disply and it switches itself off.

Any ideas as to what it could be??, the tape can't be ejected at the
moment and iv'e had a look inside and it doesn't appear to be jammed up.

PseUDO

MorrisTheCat

"PseUDO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LEesd.13612$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My dad has a sanyo vcr model VHR-VT821A it has been working fine with no
> problems up until tonight, he put in a tape to watch and it tried to
> play but then "ER:03" comes up on the disply and it switches itself off.
>
> Any ideas as to what it could be??, the tape can't be ejected at the
> moment and iv'e had a look inside and it doesn't appear to be jammed up.
>
> PseUDO

ER:03 means error code 03 probably just time out for take up drive or laceup
duration.. When you say you've had a look, is that with the lid off? Is the
tape laced up round the scanner or part of the way?

Often the laceup part of the mech becomes sluggish from the lithium based
grease going 'hard'. I've found capstan shafts that are not as free as they
should be to allow them to spin up as quick as they should.

The other thought is a bunch of electros (caps) have dried out enough in the
SMPS and when a tape was loaded the machine can only 'hick' flagging the
ER:03.

My own Philips did this on Friday!

PseUDO

MorrisTheCat wrote:
> "PseUDO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:LEesd.13612$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>My dad has a sanyo vcr model VHR-VT821A it has been working fine with no
>>problems up until tonight, he put in a tape to watch and it tried to
>>play but then "ER:03" comes up on the disply and it switches itself off.
>>
>>Any ideas as to what it could be??, the tape can't be ejected at the
>>moment and iv'e had a look inside and it doesn't appear to be jammed up.
>>
>>PseUDO

> ER:03 means error code 03 probably just time out for take up drive or laceup
> duration.. When you say you've had a look, is that with the lid off? Is the
> tape laced up round the scanner or part of the way?
>
> Often the laceup part of the mech becomes sluggish from the lithium based
> grease going 'hard'. I've found capstan shafts that are not as free as they
> should be to allow them to spin up as quick as they should.
>
> The other thought is a bunch of electros (caps) have dried out enough in the
> SMPS and when a tape was loaded the machine can only 'hick' flagging the
> ER:03.
>
> My own Philips did this on Friday!

Turns out, with having it unplugged over night, it nows works fine, so
whatever it was seemed to have sorted itself out!.

PseUDO