Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > "never dial a connection"

"never dial a connection"

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Anyone know why a win98 machine would keep changing it's dial up
connection settings to "never dial a connection" on reboot?

I guess it will be a registry error of some sort, but I'm a little
confused as I've never seen this before.

Virus and Firewall are on and upated daily, all patches applied...

Dave Taylor

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:31ctk7F3a3e8tU1
@individual.net:

> Anyone know why a win98 machine would keep changing it's dial up
> connection settings to "never dial a connection" on reboot?
>
> I guess it will be a registry error of some sort, but I'm a little
> confused as I've never seen this before.
>
> Virus and Firewall are on and upated daily, all patches applied...

I have heard about this bug before. set it to something, reboot. set it
back to the way you want reboot. should stick...

--
Ciao, Dave

impossible

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know why a win98 machine would keep changing it's dial up
> connection settings to "never dial a connection" on reboot?
>
> I guess it will be a registry error of some sort, but I'm a little
> confused as I've never seen this before.
>
> Virus and Firewall are on and upated daily, all patches applied...

Seen this?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-GB;190921