Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > $1400 DELL at the Warehouse..

$1400 DELL at the Warehouse..

Brian Mathews

A friend was asking about this, can it take 3 extra cards, Sound, 3D and
Lan.

How Big is the PSU

He might be able to miss the 3D card option as he in not into games

BTMO

"Brian Mathews" <> wrote

> A friend was asking about this, can it take 3 extra cards, Sound, 3D and
> Lan.

> How Big is the PSU

> He might be able to miss the 3D card option as he in not into games

I understand it is Utter Crap....

XPD

"Brian Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> A friend was asking about this, can it take 3 extra cards, Sound, 3D and
> Lan.
>

> How Big is the PSU
>

> He might be able to miss the 3D card option as he in not into games

Most Dell systems do NOT come with AGP slots at all.... which is a sod cause
I get a decent discount thru work for Dell stuff but no AGP puts me off.....
The high end Dell systems do have PCI-e suport though.

David Preece

Brian Mathews wrote:
> A friend was asking about this, can it take 3 extra cards, Sound, 3D and
> Lan.

You could buy a real computer for that.
http://www.apple.co.nz/hardware/emac/

Dave

Patrick Dunford

In article <e_Wrd.21859$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Fri, 3
Dec 2004 23:12:30 +1300, BTMO <(E-Mail Removed)> says...

> "Brian Mathews" <> wrote
>
> > A friend was asking about this, can it take 3 extra cards, Sound, 3D and
> > Lan.

> > How Big is the PSU

> > He might be able to miss the 3D card option as he in not into games

> I understand it is Utter Crap....

LOL

rupert

hmmm that sounds like a tui's ad

Yeah right!

"David Preece" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ha3sd.13537$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brian Mathews wrote:
>> A friend was asking about this, can it take 3 extra cards, Sound, 3D
>> and
>> Lan.

> You could buy a real computer for that.
> http://www.apple.co.nz/hardware/emac/
>
> Dave

Dave - Dave.net.nz

XPD wrote:
> Most Dell systems do NOT come with AGP slots at all.... which is a sod cause
> I get a decent discount thru work for Dell stuff but no AGP puts me off.....
> The high end Dell systems do have PCI-e suport though.

well tell that to the 1500 odd machines we have at work with AGP slots.
entry level Optiplex machines.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

David Preece wrote:
>> A friend was asking about this, can it take 3 extra cards, Sound, 3D
>> and
>> Lan.

> You could buy a real computer for that.
> http://www.apple.co.nz/hardware/emac/

had a look and didn't see any at the url provided...

XPD

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XPD wrote:
> > Most Dell systems do NOT come with AGP slots at all.... which is a sod

cause
> > I get a decent discount thru work for Dell stuff but no AGP puts me

off.....
> > The high end Dell systems do have PCI-e suport though.

> well tell that to the 1500 odd machines we have at work with AGP slots.
> entry level Optiplex machines.

Weird...... Ill have to rip apart my new work machine on Monday then but
from the specs Ive looked at theres no AGP - maybe the specs I read are old
or somehting... will look into further

Dave - Dave.net.nz

XPD wrote:
>>>I get a decent discount thru work for Dell stuff but no AGP puts me
>>> off.....
>>>The high end Dell systems do have PCI-e suport though.

>>well tell that to the 1500 odd machines we have at work with AGP slots.
>>entry level Optiplex machines.

> Weird...... Ill have to rip apart my new work machine on Monday then but
> from the specs Ive looked at theres no AGP - maybe the specs I read are old
> or somehting... will look into further

We got the Optiplex GX240/260/270 and they all have AGP...
Some even have Nvidia GF FX cards in them for some in IT for playing
Doom3... I mean cad work or something.