Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon Usenet Feed

Orcon Usenet Feed

Craig Whitmore

Hi there.

For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative provider we
are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you please email me
directly and I can give you details of the new service we are testing.

Thanks
Craig Whitmore ((E-Mail Removed))
Orcon Internet

EMB

Craig Whitmore wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative provider we
> are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you please email me
> directly and I can give you details of the new service we are testing.

It wouldn't be Giganews would it?

--
EMB

Collector»NZ

EMB said the following on 2/12/2004 10:01 a.m.:
> Craig Whitmore wrote:
>
>> Hi there.
>>
>> For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative provider
>> we are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you please
>> email me directly and I can give you details of the new service we are
>> testing.

> It wouldn't be Giganews would it?

Hanging out in nz.test are we that might get you nominated for
"Village Idiot" if you dont watch out

Ferg

Well so far I have got more out of the new service that I have been able to
get over the last week. Good first experience!

Ferg

"Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there.
>
> For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative provider we
> are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you please email me
> directly and I can give you details of the new service we are testing.
>
> Thanks
> Craig Whitmore ((E-Mail Removed))
> Orcon Internet

Collector»NZ

Ferg said the following on 2/12/2004 12:17 p.m.:
> Well so far I have got more out of the new service that I have been able to
> get over the last week. Good first experience!
>
> Ferg
>
> "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi there.
>>
>>For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative provider we
>>are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you please email me
>>directly and I can give you details of the new service we are testing.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Craig Whitmore ((E-Mail Removed))
>>Orcon Internet

Its asking me for a user/pass dam it. It seemed to start downloading
group list the first time, but didnt play nice the second time.

Blister-pak

Collector»NZ said the following on 2/12/2004 12:23 p.m.:
> Ferg said the following on 2/12/2004 12:17 p.m.:
>
>> Well so far I have got more out of the new service that I have been
>> able to get over the last week. Good first experience!
>>
>> Ferg
>>
>> "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> Hi there.
>>>
>>> For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative
>>> provider we are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you
>>> please email me directly and I can give you details of the new
>>> service we are testing.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Craig Whitmore ((E-Mail Removed))
>>> Orcon Internet
>>>

> Its asking me for a user/pass dam it. It seemed to start downloading
> group list the first time, but didnt play nice the second time.

Fixed and working, will compare to NIN and Newsfeeds latter

Brendan

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:25:47 +1300, Craig Whitmore wrote:

> For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative provider we
> are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you please email me
> directly and I can give you details of the new service we are testing.

Seems to be working well so far. Faster already.

--

.... Brendan

And now....you are going to dance...like you've never danced before!

Note: All my comments are copyright 2/12/2004 5:58:27 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Richard

Craig Whitmore wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative provider we
> are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you please email me
> directly and I can give you details of the new service we are testing.
>
> Thanks
> Craig Whitmore ((E-Mail Removed))
> Orcon Internet

Working well, whole threads in the NZ groups are there, and its not refusing
connections for a few mins at a time every 10 mins or so

Brendan

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:50:24 +1300, Richard wrote:

> Working well, whole threads in the NZ groups are there, and its not refusing
> connections for a few mins at a time every 10 mins or so

same here, seems good. And fast.

--

.... Brendan

The Internet is a disease vector for mental illness.
- Gordon Shumway

Note: All my comments are copyright 3/12/2004 12:11:51 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Jamie Kahn Genet

Craig Whitmore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> For those using Orcon's usenet server, we have an alternative provider we
> are testing. (To replace the existing service). Can you please email me
> directly and I can give you details of the new service we are testing.
>
> Thanks
> Craig Whitmore ((E-Mail Removed))
> Orcon Internet

Oh please, please, please, can I try it out? May I ask who you've gone
with?

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet