Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Thinking of selling 3 Sony Slimline Beta VCR's

Thinking of selling 3 Sony Slimline Beta VCR's

Frank

I have 3 Slimline Sony Beta VCR's and stacks of tapes, 2 are working one I
think needs fixing, have one Real Remote and a replament remote.

I did read that these are fetching good prices on Trade Me, but I have not
gone around to looking..

So need some feed back on this.

Thanks

E. Scrooge

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have 3 Slimline Sony Beta VCR's and stacks of tapes, 2 are working one

> think needs fixing, have one Real Remote and a replament remote.
>
> I did read that these are fetching good prices on Trade Me, but I have not
> gone around to looking..
>

> So need some feed back on this.
>

> Thanks

You're not actually trying to sell crap are you?
1 wasn't enough you had to get 3 of them.

E. Scrooge

Dave - Dave.net.nz

E. Scrooge wrote:
>>I have 3 Slimline Sony Beta VCR's and stacks of tapes, 2 are working one

> You're not actually trying to sell crap are you?
> 1 wasn't enough you had to get 3 of them.

beta was better technically than VHS... so wheres the problem?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>> I have 3 Slimline Sony Beta VCR's and stacks of tapes, 2 are working
>>> one

>> You're not actually trying to sell crap are you?
>> 1 wasn't enough you had to get 3 of them.

> beta was better technically than VHS... so wheres the problem?

besides that, what business is it of yours what this person sells?

steve

Frank wrote:

> I have 3 Slimline Sony Beta VCR's and stacks of tapes, 2 are working one
> think needs fixing, have one Real Remote and a replament remote.
>
> I did read that these are fetching good prices on Trade Me, but I have not
> gone around to looking..
>
> So need some feed back on this.

I have a box of 19yo beta tapes I'd like to test for
readability....including the complete, end-to-end, recording of Live-Aid in
1985.....

What do you want for one of those?

They would be fairly old......

--
Distributed Computing Projects:
SETI at Home

steve

*sling wrote:

> You're not actually trying to sell crap are you?
> 1 wasn't enough you had to get 3 of them.
>
> E. Scrooge

Beta was better tech.

VHS was better marketing.

Broadcasters still use beta.....

--
Distributed Computing Projects:
SETI at Home
ClimatePrediction.net

Brian Mathews

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:44:54 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> I have 3 Slimline Sony Beta VCR's and stacks of tapes, 2 are working one

>> think needs fixing, have one Real Remote and a replament remote.
>>
>> I did read that these are fetching good prices on Trade Me, but I have not
>> gone around to looking..
>>

>> So need some feed back on this.
>>

>> Thanks

>You're not actually trying to sell crap are you?
>1 wasn't enough you had to get 3 of them.
>
>E. Scrooge

They are fetching 10 times the price of a VHS Model.

So if that is crap, you must have a Crap Brain..

Sorry I forgot you don't have a Brain..

Brian Mathews

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:38:44 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Frank wrote:
>

>> I have 3 Slimline Sony Beta VCR's and stacks of tapes, 2 are working one
>> think needs fixing, have one Real Remote and a replament remote.
>>
>> I did read that these are fetching good prices on Trade Me, but I have not
>> gone around to looking..
>>
>> So need some feed back on this.

>I have a box of 19yo beta tapes I'd like to test for
>readability....including the complete, end-to-end, recording of Live-Aid in
>1985.....
>
>What do you want for one of those?
>
>They would be fairly old......

Yes but fetching very high prices..

Brian Mathews

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:39:37 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>*sling wrote:
>
>> You're not actually trying to sell crap are you?
>> 1 wasn't enough you had to get 3 of them.
>>
>> E. Scrooge

>Beta was better tech.
>
>VHS was better marketing.
>
>Broadcasters still use beta.....

The Problem with Beta as you needed to be a Watchmaker to fix them, no good
for cowboys

Plus Super Beta play back was built in all models except for the very first.

Invisible

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:51:02 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>> You're not actually trying to sell crap are you?
>>> 1 wasn't enough you had to get 3 of them.

>> beta was better technically than VHS... so wheres the problem?

>besides that, what business is it of yours what this person sells?

It's only Woger, again. New day new/old name.

Snake on the Simpsons, after stealing their vcr "Oh noooooo, beta!"