Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dynalink ADSL RTA770

Dynalink ADSL RTA770

Joy

Bought for xmas. I've four pc's to network and I've just remembered the
printer. Does one pc need to be always on to be used as a print server? Or
could I use the usb on the router for that?

I'm now looking around for broadband. Which is the most popular? Clear
net, whom we've been with for eight years is coming on line early next year,
I might have to wait.

Joy

Aaron Lawrence

Suddenly, Joy sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> Bought for xmas. I've four pc's to network and I've just remembered the
> printer. Does one pc need to be always on to be used as a print server?

Yes.

> Or could I use the usb on the router for that?

No. The router is not smart or powerful enough to handle printing.

> I'm now looking around for broadband. Which is the most popular? Clear
> net, whom we've been with for eight years is coming on line early next year,
> I might have to wait.

Personally, I would forget ClearNet.

Xtra and Orcon are the two I'm considering. Xtra because, being in bed
with Telecom, they do a reasonable job at a good price (though they
don't play fair with their competitors). Orcon because they have had a
generally good reputation and have been around a long time.

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Joy wrote:
> Bought for xmas. I've four pc's to network and I've just remembered the
> printer. Does one pc need to be always on to be used as a print server? Or
> could I use the usb on the router for that?

A computer, you could consider buying a printer server and plugging it
into that too. DSE has wireless ones for 99

> I'm now looking around for broadband. Which is the most popular? Clear
> net, whom we've been with for eight years is coming on line early next year,
> I might have to wait.
>
> Joy

Last firmware Dynalink rta770 Tony2k NZ Computing 2 12-11-2005 04:41 AM
FA: Dynalink V1433VQE 33k6 Modems, Cisco items, etc. (Ebay, Sydney) The One4Sun - GWS Cisco 0 10-30-2005 03:03 AM
Dynalink ADSL Routers # NZ Computing 12 11-25-2004 06:32 AM
DynaLink ADSL router users: please help. TmcT NZ Computing 8 09-15-2004 07:23 AM
Dynalink ADSL Router Woolfie NZ Computing 3 07-02-2004 07:06 PM

Advertisments