Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New Nzherald site

New Nzherald site

Craig Sutton

Has anyone found the search feature on the Newly designed NZ Herald site?

Sue Bilstein

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:13:26 +1300, "Craig Sutton"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Has anyone found the search feature on the Newly designed NZ Herald site?

<http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=site:www%2Enzherald%2Eco%2Enz+tamihere>

Craig Sutton

"Sue Bilstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:13:26 +1300, "Craig Sutton"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Has anyone found the search feature on the Newly designed NZ Herald site?

<http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourc...site:www%2Enzh
erald%2Eco%2Enz+tamihere>

No use whatsoever I want to do a daily search of the NZherald site using
certain keywords. As I could last week.But the search option seems to have
gone missing.

Collector»NZ

Craig Sutton said the following on 27/11/2004 23:05:
> "Sue Bilstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:13:26 +1300, "Craig Sutton"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Has anyone found the search feature on the Newly designed NZ Herald site?
>>>

> <http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourc...site:www%2Enzh
> erald%2Eco%2Enz+tamihere>
>
> No use whatsoever I want to do a daily search of the NZherald site using
> certain keywords. As I could last week.But the search option seems to have
> gone missing.

So has the cartoon Dam it

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Nelly

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:05:47 +1300, "Craig Sutton"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Sue Bilstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:13:26 +1300, "Craig Sutton"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Has anyone found the search feature on the Newly designed NZ Herald site?
>> >

><http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourc...site:www%2Enzh
>erald%2Eco%2Enz+tamihere>
>
>No use whatsoever I want to do a daily search of the NZherald site using
>certain keywords. As I could last week.But the search option seems to have
>gone missing.

According to their FAQ, the search bar is supposed to be up in the top
right hand corner of the page. Seems like it was forgotten.

Nelly.
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

Collector»NZ

Nelly said the following on 28/11/2004 09:05:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:05:47 +1300, "Craig Sutton"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Sue Bilstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>><http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourc...site:www%2Enzh
>>erald%2Eco%2Enz+tamihere>
>>
>>No use whatsoever I want to do a daily search of the NZherald site using
>>certain keywords. As I could last week.But the search option seems to have
>>gone missing.
>>

> According to their FAQ, the search bar is supposed to be up in the top
> right hand corner of the page. Seems like it was forgotten.
>

> Nelly.
> If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

It was there when I first saw the change on Sat morning, but didnt work
and disappeared later on.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Andrew Gerald

I hate the way it's designed for lower resolutions only. It looks
ridiculous having half my screen blank and to have the headlines all
squashed into a small area!

Is there a reason why they'd choose fixed-width tables instead of
proportional ones???

Sue Bilstein

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 09:05:29 +1300, Nelly <(E-Mail Removed)
Remove EE> wrote:

>According to their FAQ, the search bar is supposed to be up in the top
>right hand corner of the page. Seems like it was forgotten.

The function in that position is now "Subscribe to the Herald" - much
more important than searching, ay.

I posted a question on their Feedback, will let the group know if I
get a response.

Kerry Ferrand

In article <co8rci$bpd$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Has anyone found the search feature on the Newly designed NZ Herald site?

nope, and I find the whole re-design a step back..looks horribly
cluttered and from circa 1997.

maz

"Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:co8rci$bpd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone found the search feature on the Newly designed NZ Herald site?

It'll be back soon. Looks to have bugs tha need ironing out.