Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > best and cheapest fixed ip supplier

best and cheapest fixed ip supplier

michael

Hi
which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
which isp provides the cheapest service
(ie domain name and ip address)

i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
web pages but find them hard to navigate
and could not find this info.

thanks

Collector»NZ

michael said the following on 25/11/2004 09:50:
> Hi
> which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
> which isp provides the cheapest service
> (ie domain name and ip address)
>
> i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
> web pages but find them hard to navigate
> and could not find this info.
>
> thanks

Telecom are the mot expensive for any domain hosting.

Talk to Orcon, they might be in a low for service at the moment as they
deal with the peak load produced by the UBS and Telecoms stuffing them
around, but generally they will be a good provider.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

michael wrote:
> which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
> which isp provides the cheapest service
> (ie domain name and ip address)

> i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
> web pages but find them hard to navigate
> and could not find this info.

for what type of connection?
I'll lease you a static for US$0.50 a month but it'll be f'ing useless
without a connection or routing.

michael

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> michael wrote:
>
>> which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
>> which isp provides the cheapest service
>> (ie domain name and ip address)

>> i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
>> web pages but find them hard to navigate
>> and could not find this info.

> for what type of connection?
> I'll lease you a static for US$0.50 a month but it'll be f'ing useless
> without a connection or routing.

I've currently got the jet surf 2mb 10gig plan.
Telecom have finally got back to me and said
I cannot have a fixed IP on this plan.(typical! - dont let your
customers have what they want... nother subject...)

Collector»NZ

michael said the following on 25/11/2004 14:03:
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> michael wrote:
>>
>>> which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
>>> which isp provides the cheapest service
>>> (ie domain name and ip address)

>>> i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
>>> web pages but find them hard to navigate
>>> and could not find this info.

>> for what type of connection?
>> I'll lease you a static for US$0.50 a month but it'll be f'ing
>> useless without a connection or routing.

> I've currently got the jet surf 2mb 10gig plan.
> Telecom have finally got back to me and said
> I cannot have a fixed IP on this plan.(typical! - dont let your
> customers have what they want... nother subject...)

Use DNS2GO at deerfield, it allowed me to use anything that needed a
fixed IP okay.
But if you are with Telescum and you run a server on the system then
expect a visit from the Black Suites, took them about a month to offend
me and cause me to move myself and all my business customers out of
Telecom/Xtra

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Collector»NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>But if you are with Telescum and you run a server on the system then
>expect a visit from the Black Suites, took them about a month to offend
>me and cause me to move myself and all my business customers out of
>Telecom/Xtra

What was their reason for visiting you? Is there something in the terms
of service that prohibits you running a server?

Collector»NZ

Lawrence DčOliveiro said the following on 27/11/2004 22:53:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Collector»NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>But if you are with Telescum and you run a server on the system then
>>expect a visit from the Black Suites, took them about a month to offend
>>me and cause me to move myself and all my business customers out of
>>Telecom/Xtra

> What was their reason for visiting you? Is there something in the terms
> of service that prohibits you running a server?

I had a server, it was poping mail from my pop on thier account, Iwas
also running DynDNS to allow me to get to my systems from outside and
yes the T&C says no servers, but I asked when joining and was todl that
my systems where acceptable under the arrangement I had.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
his toes.