Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dan Rather resigns

Dan Rather resigns

JohnO

Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting on
it.

Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

Keith

In article <zKVod.10724$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting on
> it.
>
> Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

Is a Rather some kind of computer?

JohnO

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In article <zKVod.10724$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting
>> on
>> it.
>>
>> Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

> Is a Rather some kind of computer?

Heh heh, Oops, wrong forum!

Crash

"JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zKVod.10724$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting on
> it.
>
> Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

Hmm. Name seems familiar.

Did he used to run Datacom (was CBL)?

Crash.

K T T

JohnO wrote:
> "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>>In article <zKVod.10724$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>>>Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting
>>>on
>>>it.
>>>
>>>Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

>>Is a Rather some kind of computer?

> Heh heh, Oops, wrong forum!

Rather is 75?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

JohnO wrote:

> Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting on
> it.
>
> Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

who is he, what'd he do?

JohnO

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JohnO wrote:
>
> > Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting

on
> > it.
> >
> > Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

> who is he, what'd he do?

This was a hoo-hah topic in nz.general. He's a CBS news anchor who ran a
story about a subsequently discredited Air National Guard memo that was
critical of Dubya Bush. Mea culpa on the misdirected post.

Madelin McKinnon

As long as journalists like Dan Rather are destroyed, the truth is buried.

The Internet is now a Rather fine alternative !

http://media.shorturl.com

JohnO

"Madelin McKinnon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> As long as journalists like Dan Rather are destroyed, the truth is buried.
>
> The Internet is now a Rather fine alternative !
>
> http://media.shorturl.com

Unfortunatley Rather destroyed the truth in the affair of the National Guard
memo.

Chris Mayhew

JohnO wrote:
> "Madelin McKinnon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>
>>As long as journalists like Dan Rather are destroyed, the truth is buried.
>>
>>The Internet is now a Rather fine alternative !
>>
>> http://media.shorturl.com

> Unfortunatley Rather destroyed the truth in the affair of the National Guard
> memo.

Maybe, but I'm sure he's got a lot of things right too. Compare him to
Paul Homes, hahaha, had to compare, but if Paul Homes can be paid $50K a
month to do nothing after some of stunts he has pulled surely Dan Rather
can be given a break..