Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Correct port for emule / edonkey on Xtra broadband?

Correct port for emule / edonkey on Xtra broadband?

Alan Parker

I've googled for this thinking it must be a faq, but I'm at a loss to
find a port that
I've done the whole emul faq thing, opening ports on the windows
firewall, allowing it programm access on the firewall too.
I've tried 55555,8080,24,6699 etc, all opened on the firewall, and still
they don't work. I'm thinking there must be SOME port open on the
Telecom/Xtra broadband network!

~misfit~

Alan Parker wrote:
> I've googled for this thinking it must be a faq, but I'm at a loss to
> find a port that
> I've done the whole emul faq thing, opening ports on the windows
> firewall, allowing it programm access on the firewall too.
> I've tried 55555,8080,24,6699 etc, all opened on the firewall, and
> still they don't work. I'm thinking there must be SOME port open on
> the Telecom/Xtra broadband network!

Works fine here on Orcon UBS. TCP port 4662, UDP port 4672.

Don't know if that's any help, I don't know what I'm talking about, I just
opened Emule and checked what ports it's using.
--
~misfit~

Troglodyte

~misfit~ wrote:
> Alan Parker wrote:
>
>>I've googled for this thinking it must be a faq, but I'm at a loss to
>>find a port that
>>I've done the whole emul faq thing, opening ports on the windows
>>firewall, allowing it programm access on the firewall too.
>>I've tried 55555,8080,24,6699 etc, all opened on the firewall, and
>>still they don't work. I'm thinking there must be SOME port open on
>>the Telecom/Xtra broadband network!

> Works fine here on Orcon UBS. TCP port 4662, UDP port 4672.
>
> Don't know if that's any help, I don't know what I'm talking about, I just
> opened Emule and checked what ports it's using.
> --
> ~misfit~

"I don't know what I'm talking about"

mmmmmmmmmmmmm