Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > video senders

video senders

cowboyz

I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector. My
plan goes a little like this.

Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
games on 120'' screen.

Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at so
far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?

Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take would
go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would be
better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)

solutions and suggestions?

JohnO

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cntesl$pim$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector.

My
> plan goes a little like this.
>
> Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
> have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
> games on 120'' screen.
>
> Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at

so
> far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
> wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
>
> Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take

would
> go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would

be
> better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
>
> solutions and suggestions?

Use the tv-out on your video card and use an RCS video sender for that?

cowboyz

"JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Nesod.8945$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cntesl$pim$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector.

> My
> > plan goes a little like this.
> >
> > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
> > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and

play
> > games on 120'' screen.
> >
> > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked

at
> so
> > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of

no
> > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
> >
> > Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take

> would
> > go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would

> be
> > better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
> >
> > solutions and suggestions?
> >

> Use the tv-out on your video card and use an RCS video sender for that?

I had that thought but 2 problems with it

1. My projector already has the Svideo and RCA inputs occupied.

2. tv out vs RGB in quality is worlds apart.

In any case. I might just buy from DSE if there is not wireless RGB
solution and send it back if it sucks.

JohnO

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cnu1v7$91g$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Nesod.8945$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:cntesl$pim$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a

projector.
> > My
> > > plan goes a little like this.
> > >
> > > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector

and
> > > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and

> play
> > > games on 120'' screen.
> > >
> > > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked

> at
> > so
> > > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of

> no
> > > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
> > >
> > > Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take

> > would
> > > go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless

would
> > be
> > > better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
> > >
> > > solutions and suggestions?
> > >

> > Use the tv-out on your video card and use an RCS video sender for that?
> >

> I had that thought but 2 problems with it
>
> 1. My projector already has the Svideo and RCA inputs occupied.

Geez, you running nasa control there or summut?

> 2. tv out vs RGB in quality is worlds apart.

Yeah I've found that too. Depending on the card it can be tweaked a bit but
never seems to be as good as the original.

> In any case. I might just buy from DSE if there is not wireless RGB
> solution and send it back if it sucks.

I recall seeing LAN RGB senders which theoretically could be sent over
802.11g but they were silly expensive - about $400 and that was not
wireless.

Patrick Dunford

In article <cntesl$pim$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 23 Nov 2004
08:32:26 +1300, cowboyz <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector. My
> plan goes a little like this.
>
> Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
> have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
> games on 120'' screen.
>
> Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at so
> far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
> wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?

Well, you might get three video senders because there are three signals
to send.

JohnO

"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <cntesl$pim$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 23 Nov 2004
> 08:32:26 +1300, cowboyz <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector.

My
> > plan goes a little like this.
> >
> > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
> > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and

play
> > games on 120'' screen.
> >
> > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked

at so
> > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of

no
> > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?

> Well, you might get three video senders because there are three signals
> to send.

All three signals can be multiplexed into one. That's how the LAN based RGB
extenders work.

Patrick Dunford

In article <a5yod.9128$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 23
Nov 2004 16:25:57 +1300, JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)> says...

> "Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> > In article <cntesl$pim$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 23 Nov 2004
> > 08:32:26 +1300, cowboyz <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> > > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector.

> My
> > > plan goes a little like this.
> > >
> > > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
> > > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and

> play
> > > games on 120'' screen.
> > >
> > > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked

> at so
> > > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of

> no
> > > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?

> > Well, you might get three video senders because there are three signals
> > to send.
> >

> All three signals can be multiplexed into one. That's how the LAN based RGB
> extenders work.

It is possible to combine the signals - it's called composite video.
However certain limitations exist in trying to separate them out again -
which is why component offers better quality.

cowboyz

"JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:U0wod.9073$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > In any case. I might just buy from DSE if there is not wireless RGB
> > solution and send it back if it sucks.
> >

> I recall seeing LAN RGB senders which theoretically could be sent over
> 802.11g but they were silly expensive - about $400 and that was not
> wireless.

Not an option I am willing to consider. Too expensive for what I want.
I'll try the DSE Gigair one and see how it is via tvout.

*K*

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:32:26 +1300, "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector. My
>plan goes a little like this.
>
>Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
>have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
>games on 120'' screen.
>
>Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at so
>far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
>wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
>
>Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take would
>go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would be
>better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
>
>solutions and suggestions?

I suggest trying www.blackbox.co.nz im sure they could help out, but
like a previous suggestion.... they aint cheap!

michael

cowboyz wrote:
> I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector. My
> plan goes a little like this.
>
> Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
> have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
> games on 120'' screen.
>
> Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at so
> far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
> wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
>
> Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take would
> go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would be
> better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
>
> solutions and suggestions?

1. go to jaycar and buy some really long cables, rgb or rca sockets
and wall plates (like for you light switches
2. turn of the electricity in your house
3. pull off the wall plate for the electricity socket
near you computer.
4. disconnect the electric cables from the back of the wall socket
5. tie some string to the cables
6. tie your cables to the electric cable
7. go up into your roof
8 pull the electic cable up and the string and the new cables
make sure the string still also hangs out the hole in the wall
9 untie your new cables and pull them 90% up into the roof
11 cut hole in wall, fit nice new wall plate with RCA connctors (bought
from jaycar or dse)
12 go to projecter room and repeat steps 3-5
13 go into roof
14 pull up electric cable for projector room. tie new cables to it
15 repeat steps 10 and 11
connect projector to new rgb outlets on wall
connect pc to rgb inputs on wall.

I've done this and as long as you take care pulling the cables
through - and double, tripple check your power of OFF
you should be okay. If in doubt get an electrician to help you.

Kill filter for people/senders i thunderbird news. Erlend Nilssen Firefox 5 01-06-2005 08:38 PM
Colour coding senders/recipients like in Outlook 2000? Galaxy Firefox 1 07-16-2004 01:14 AM
Video senders? v3 NZ Computing 20 01-04-2004 12:50 AM
blocked senders in msn messenger harold potter esq Computer Support 0 07-10-2003 07:34 PM

Advertisments