Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise Highspeed service delayed at every turn

Paradise Highspeed service delayed at every turn

Ray Colvill

I am wanting a high speed service from my Paradise.net ISP.

Delay after delay after delay.

Now I am told it last weekend that it will be sometime in December as
Telecom is playing silly beggars with the negotiation process.

Well where have we heard that monopoly argument before.

The commerce commission tells me no complaint has been received from my ISP
about the hold up in Telecom supplying the wholesale service.

So is in fact Paradise causing the problem and blaming it on Telecom????

http://mail.spaminspector.com

Gordon

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:55:57 +1300, Ray Colvill wrote:

> I am wanting a high speed service from my Paradise.net ISP.
>
> Delay after delay after delay.
>
> Now I am told it last weekend that it will be sometime in December as
> Telecom is playing silly beggars with the negotiation process.
>
> Well where have we heard that monopoly argument before.
>
> The commerce commission tells me no complaint has been received from my ISP
> about the hold up in Telecom supplying the wholesale service.
>
> So is in fact Paradise causing the problem and blaming it on Telecom????

From what I have read the money is on Telecom for not being able to
deliver the goods when they said they would be able to. Meanwhile they are
grabbing customers for themselves promo after promo.

The level playing field is somewhere else.

PJB

I applied for a Telstra ph, tv and broadband in Wn and waited for 3 months
for Telstra to install using there own cables. Luckly they had done the
neighbours using my fence so I threatened them to remove the cables unless
they installed mine. Then they offered to port my old phone number to the
new one and pay for it as well. Nothing happened, and I'm stuck with a 3
month Telecom bill and a 3 month Telstra bill. Telstra said they passed it
on to Telecom and Telecom said they never got anything.

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:55:57 +1300, Ray Colvill wrote:
>
>> I am wanting a high speed service from my Paradise.net ISP.
>>
>> Delay after delay after delay.
>>
>> Now I am told it last weekend that it will be sometime in December as
>> Telecom is playing silly beggars with the negotiation process.
>>
>> Well where have we heard that monopoly argument before.
>>
>> The commerce commission tells me no complaint has been received from my
>> ISP
>> about the hold up in Telecom supplying the wholesale service.
>>
>> So is in fact Paradise causing the problem and blaming it on Telecom????
>>

> From what I have read the money is on Telecom for not being able to
> deliver the goods when they said they would be able to. Meanwhile they are
> grabbing customers for themselves promo after promo.
>
> The level playing field is somewhere else.

The Black Wibble

"PJB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C_zod.7144$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I applied for a Telstra ph, tv and broadband in Wn and waited for 3 months
>for Telstra to install using there own cables. Luckly they had done the
>neighbours using my fence so I threatened them to remove the cables unless
>they installed mine. Then they offered to port my old phone number to the
>new one and pay for it as well. Nothing happened, and I'm stuck with a 3
>month Telecom bill and a 3 month Telstra bill. Telstra said they passed it
>on to Telecom and Telecom said they never got anything.

I'm not surprised because the delay looks to be TelstraClear's fault. The
cables have already been laid in your neighbourhood, so what's the excuse
for the delay? I wanted to transfer my Paradise cable highspeed internet/ph
line package to the new flat. I told Paradise about it on the 11th, and
moved in on the 13th. They disconnected my old setup on the 16th and wired
the new flat for Paradise cable+phone line on the 18th. (btw, this is in
Christchurch.) I suspect you have been the victim of a series a
bureaucratic blunders. A three month wait, so far... Holy Crap. Hope you
keep on their tail about it. Nag them incessantly until they cry.

Tony.
--
http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com

Rodge gives sound advice to Democrats: http://tinyurl.com/4h93p

Is Webcam better with highspeed DSL? lbbss Computer Support 0 07-15-2004 12:11 PM
Delayed Instantiation - delayed.rb matt Ruby 8 06-19-2004 08:08 PM
Delayed Instantiation - delayed.rb matt Ruby 1 06-17-2004 01:43 AM
Highspeed dsl drvnguy Computer Support 1 01-04-2004 06:39 PM
Sample config. for 827 on Sympatico HighSpeed or Golden Triangle? Brad Cisco 0 07-11-2003 03:44 AM

Advertisments