Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Favorites search

Favorites search

Bob Newman

Firefox 1.5.0.1

Like many people I have a zillion pages bookmarked in many different
folders. Is there a way I can search for a particular bookmark that I know
is "in there somewhere"?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Ed Mullen

Bob Newman wrote:
> Firefox 1.5.0.1
>
> Like many people I have a zillion pages bookmarked in many different
> folders. Is there a way I can search for a particular bookmark that I know
> is "in there somewhere"?
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

1. Open the bookmark sidebar. There's a search box at the top.
2. Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks. There's a search box at the top.
3. Open bookmarks.html in the browser and use CTRL+F.
4. Open bookmarks.html in a text editor and search.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Ed Mullen wrote:
> 2. Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks. There's a search box at the top.

*Very* easy to miss!