Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra proxy

Xtra proxy

-[Myth]-

Has anyone had any success using proxy.xtra.co.nz:8080? I was thinking i
might use it to speed things up and cut down on international data usage,
and wanted to try out this : http://www.ispcachingforemule.de.vu/

But I cannot access the proxy,

I get error 403

> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.co.nz/
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> * Access Denied.
>
> Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
>
> Your cache administrator is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).
> Generated Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:04:20 GMT by proxy.xtra.co.nz (Squid/2.4.STABLE6)

Dorado

-[Myth]- wrote:
> Has anyone had any success using proxy.xtra.co.nz:8080? I was
> thinking i might use it to speed things up and cut down on
> international data usage, and wanted to try out this :
> http://www.ispcachingforemule.de.vu/
>
> But I cannot access the proxy,
>
> I get error 403
>
>> ERROR
>> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>>
>> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.co.nz/
>>
>> The following error was encountered:
>>
>> * Access Denied.
>>
>> Access control configuration prevents your request from being
>> allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you
>> feel this is incorrect.
>>
>> Your cache administrator is (E-Mail Removed).
>> Generated Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:04:20 GMT by proxy.xtra.co.nz
>> (Squid/2.4.STABLE6)

Does xtra run a open public proxy? Are you sure? where did you get the proxy
server address from? Might be a restricted proxy you are trying to access.

wogers nemesis

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:16:37 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

> Has anyone had any success using proxy.xtra.co.nz:8080? I was thinking i
> might use it to speed things up and cut down on international data usage,
> and wanted to try out this : http://www.ispcachingforemule.de.vu/
>
> But I cannot access the proxy,
>
> I get error 403
>
>> ERROR
>> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>>
>> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.co.nz/
>>
>> The following error was encountered:
>>
>> * Access Denied.
>>
>> Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
>>
>> Your cache administrator is (E-Mail Removed).
>> Generated Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:04:20 GMT by proxy.xtra.co.nz (Squid/2.4.STABLE6)

Are they using a transparent proxy? Try port 3128 instead of 8080 anyway.