Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Knoppix

Knoppix

Waylon Kenning

It seems like Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:08:19 -0500 was when Baldman
<nhowe@*nospam*sanfa.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...

>...is it wrong to want to hug a CD?

Possibly I'll admit to me my K12LTSP CDs have been worth their
weight in gold me for me.

Now I have to download K12LTSP based around Fedora Core 3! Another 4
ISOs on dialup, here I come!
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Collector»NZ

Baldman said the following on 21/11/2004 11:08:
> Hells teeth - I spent the few bucks I needed to at DSE, and bought
> myself a shiny new Knoppix CD.
>
> I LOVE IT!
>
> All my browsing and reading are now faster and better looking, and
> windows has been reduced to nought but a game playing platform.
>
> I'm bloody impressed, sound, graphics, everything just works - why have
> I not tried this before?
>
> ...is it wrong to want to hug a CD?

Welcome to the dark side
I am looking at the same excersise myself next week.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Jax

> Possibly I'll admit to me my K12LTSP CDs have been worth their
> weight in gold me for me.
>
> Now I have to download K12LTSP based around Fedora Core 3! Another 4
> ISOs on dialup, here I come!

Are these out now??
Where is the link?

Jax

Jax wrote:

>> Possibly I'll admit to me my K12LTSP CDs have been worth their
>> weight in gold me for me.
>>
>> Now I have to download K12LTSP based around Fedora Core 3! Another 4
>> ISOs on dialup, here I come!

> Are these out now??
> Where is the link?

I mean I thought it was based on Fedora core 2

K12 Terminal Server Project K12LTSP 4.1.0 released< = true; K12LTSP
4.1.0 is finally available for your downloading pleasure.

This release was a long time in coming, 144 days since the last release.
K12LTSP 4.1.0 is the combination of Fedora Core 2 and LTSP 4.1. The hard
work of these two projects shows in this release, this is the fastest,
most refined release of K12LTSP to date. We owe the Fedora and LTSP
projects a big thank-you.

Fedora Core 2 release notes:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/

LTSP 4.1 release notes:
http://www.k12ltsp.org/download.html
will be updated as the mirrors sync up.

steve

Baldman wrote:

> Hells teeth - I spent the few bucks I needed to at DSE, and bought
> myself a shiny new Knoppix CD.
>
> I LOVE IT!
>
> All my browsing and reading are now faster and better looking, and
> windows has been reduced to nought but a game playing platform.
>
> I'm bloody impressed, sound, graphics, everything just works - why have
> I not tried this before?
>
> ...is it wrong to want to hug a CD?

Have you installed Knoppix to a partition on your hard drive yet? It's even
better that way.

--
Distributed Computing Projects:
SETI at Home

Mark

Knoppix absolutely rocks!

-**-
www.myoddjobs.co.nz :- Job auction website
-**-
Replace the Z with the e to reply

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Baldman said the following on 21/11/2004 11:08:
> > Hells teeth - I spent the few bucks I needed to at DSE, and bought
> > myself a shiny new Knoppix CD.
> >
> > I LOVE IT!
> >
> > All my browsing and reading are now faster and better looking, and
> > windows has been reduced to nought but a game playing platform.
> >
> > I'm bloody impressed, sound, graphics, everything just works - why have
> > I not tried this before?
> >
> > ...is it wrong to want to hug a CD?

> Welcome to the dark side
> I am looking at the same excersise myself next week.
>

> --
> >>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

> ================================================== ====================
> | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
> ================================================== ====================
> "I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass."
> Geek used to be a 4 letter word now it's a 6 figure number

Baldman

Hells teeth - I spent the few bucks I needed to at DSE, and bought
myself a shiny new Knoppix CD.

I LOVE IT!

All my browsing and reading are now faster and better looking, and
windows has been reduced to nought but a game playing platform.

I'm bloody impressed, sound, graphics, everything just works - why have
I not tried this before?

....is it wrong to want to hug a CD?

Waylon Kenning

It seems like Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:30:10 GMT was when Jax
<jax@127.0.0.1> said Blah blah blah...

>> Now I have to download K12LTSP based around Fedora Core 3! Another 4
>> ISOs on dialup, here I come!

>Are these out now??
>Where is the link?

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K1...ng/4.2.0alpha/

Based around FC3, but it's an alpha build, don't use it anywhere close
to production.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

S Roby

In article <1100945255.752317@ftpsrv1>, Baldman <nhowe@*nospam*sanfa.co.nz> wrote:
>Hells teeth - I spent the few bucks I needed to at DSE, and bought
>myself a shiny new Knoppix CD.

Its got uses for Win users as well.
Great for data recovery of dead Win installs.
Great for testing hardware. Used it to test a TV TUNER, didnt have to muck
about with drivers & software, the TVTuner 'just worked' with knoppix.
Used it to see if a Win sound card issue was software or hardware

Gordon

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:51:53 +0000, S Roby wrote:

> In article <1100945255.752317@ftpsrv1>, Baldman <nhowe@*nospam*sanfa.co.nz> wrote:
>>Hells teeth - I spent the few bucks I needed to at DSE, and bought
>>myself a shiny new Knoppix CD.
>>

> Its got uses for Win users as well.
> Great for data recovery of dead Win installs.
> Great for testing hardware. Used it to test a TV TUNER, didnt have to muck
> about with drivers & software, the TVTuner 'just worked' with knoppix.
> Used it to see if a Win sound card issue was software or hardware

Ms Penguin is rather flattered, she was often accused of waddling around
way behind the crowd. Looks like she is floating everyones boat.

hardware detection using a knoppix-like CD lbrtchx@hotmail.com Java 0 07-29-2005 07:31 AM
mosix knoppix and JBoss Fred LaBar Java 0 07-14-2004 07:31 PM
Knoppix and lexmark Z55 Soup Computer Support 3 12-30-2003 02:32 PM
Knoppix trout Computer Support 6 08-10-2003 08:05 AM
Downloaded Knoppix STD - can't boot to it Joe S. Computer Support 10 06-25-2003 04:02 PM

Advertisments